Yong De

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Oct 28th, '08, 23:44

by odarwin » Oct 28th, '08, 23:44

in my first order from scott, he included a small tuo, which turned out to be better than the ones i picked out myself :D

-darwin

Oct 29th, '08, 00:17

Re: YS list.

by t4texas » Oct 29th, '08, 00:17

hop_goblin wrote:
Jeremy wrote:Hey just to share it with you. Scott from YS had sent me this list a few weeks ago when I asked him what he thought some of the best selections were. I have not tried any, but its food for thought.

Raw Pu-erh

2008 Menghai "Da Yi Hong" Premium Raw tea cake * 357g

2008 Guoyan "Queen of Yi Wu" Premium Raw Pu-erh tea

2008 Yong Pin Hao "Lan Xiang" Wild Arbor tea of Banna

Hai Lang Hao * Lao Ban Zhang & Man'E Ancient Arbor cake

2008 Xiaguan FT "Mushroom Tuo" Raw Pu-erh tea tuo 250g

2008 Menghai "Autumn Aroma" Raw Pu-erh tea cake * 500g

2008 Haiwan Tea Factory * 9948 Blended Ripe Pu-erh tea

2008 Yong Pin Hao * Stone-Pressed Manzhuan Wild Arbor

2008 Menghai "0622" Premium Raw Pu-erh tea cake * 400g

2007 Mengku * Mu Ye Chun * 001 * Raw Tea Cake of Yongde

2007 * Guoyan * Yi Wu Zheng Shan Wild Arbor * 380 grams

2008 Xiaguan FT "Nan Zhao Tuo Cha" Pu-erh Tea * 100g

Ripe Pu-erh

2008 Menghai "Da Yi Hong" Premium Ripe tea cake * 357g

2007 Yong De * Certified Organic Ripe Pu-erh tea * 357g

2007 Haiwan * Lao Cha Tou * Fermented Ripe Tea Nuggets

2008 Menghai "Yue Chen Yue Xiang" Ripe Pu-erh tea 357g

2008 Hao Ming "Jia Cang" Ripe Pu-erh tea of Menghai

2008 Menghai Tea Factory * 7572 803 * Ripe Pu-erh Tea

Aged Raw Pu-erh

1998 Lincang "CNNP Green Wrapper" Raw Pu-erh tea * 250g

2000 * Long Yuan Hao * Yi Wu Mountain Raw Pu-erh tea

1999 Gu Pu-er * Simao Raw Pu-erh "Fang Cha" brick tea

2002 Bu Lang Mountain Raw Pu-erh tea brick * 250 grams

Aged Ripe Pu-erh

2004 Langhe "High Mountain Pu-erh" Ripe Tea cake * 357g

2003 CNNP * Yellow Mark * Ripe Pu-erh tea cake * 357g

2000 Langhe Tea Factory * Aged Ripe tea of Menghai 357g

2001 White Dragon of Jinggu Ripe Pu-erh tea * 250 grams

Jerermy, that is is stock.. Don't ask a vendor what is good cause they will say it is
all good!
I think you can put a vendor in a difficult spot. They're not going to say some of their product is poor. If you are fairly new at this, then those long lists above will be somewhat meaningless - I'm not going to buy all of them and see which ones I like. I'm not even going to buy them in sample size. So I went for a more focused request to Scott - pick out about six samples that will help me learn more about Pu - some shu, some sheng, some older. He did and that was helpful.

Oct 29th, '08, 00:28
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: YS list.

by Salsero » Oct 29th, '08, 00:28

t4texas wrote: So I went for a more focused request to Scott
Boy, Scott must be busier than Santa answering letters from all the good little boys and girls!

Oct 29th, '08, 08:35

by hop_goblin » Oct 29th, '08, 08:35

And for the record, I was not expressing my opinion directly too scott or YS. It was a comment about ALL vendors in general. :lol: Me likes Scott's selection very much

Oct 29th, '08, 08:51

by tony shlongini » Oct 29th, '08, 08:51

hop_goblin wrote:And for the record, I was not expressing my opinion directly too scott or YS. It was a comment about ALL vendors in general. :lol: Me likes Scott's selection very much
That's very good advice that extends far beyond the world of tea.

Oct 29th, '08, 11:27

by puerhking » Oct 29th, '08, 11:27

hop_goblin wrote:
puerhking wrote:Thanks for your feedback hop. Is there anything you would recommend more in that price range?

Dizz...very cool thanks for saying.

Vince...that would be great!

Jeremy I have been looking at a few of those already. I can vouch for the guoyan yi wu zheng shan......it is fantastic. I have heard good things about the queen of yi wu also. I have had good luck with guoyan products. Thanks for posting the list.

Thanks for the comments everyone!
I will have said it once and I will say it again, if you are trying to start your own collection, I would start with big factory stuff. I know this sounds counter intuative, but it true. MengHai Dayi, Mengyang Guoyan, and Changtai are 3 of my fave.
I hear you on the Guoyan. I must admit that I only have one Menghai and I probably need to check out a few more. I will look into the Changtai as well. Thanks for the tips!

Oct 29th, '08, 12:16

by hop_goblin » Oct 29th, '08, 12:16

puerhking wrote:
hop_goblin wrote:
puerhking wrote:Thanks for your feedback hop. Is there anything you would recommend more in that price range?

Dizz...very cool thanks for saying.

Vince...that would be great!

Jeremy I have been looking at a few of those already. I can vouch for the guoyan yi wu zheng shan......it is fantastic. I have heard good things about the queen of yi wu also. I have had good luck with guoyan products. Thanks for posting the list.

Thanks for the comments everyone!
I will have said it once and I will say it again, if you are trying to start your own collection, I would start with big factory stuff. I know this sounds counter intuative, but it true. MengHai Dayi, Mengyang Guoyan, and Changtai are 3 of my fave.
I hear you on the Guoyan. I must admit that I only have one Menghai and I probably need to check out a few more. I will look into the Changtai as well. Thanks for the tips!
Indeed! Changtai and Guoyan IMHO found a way to create a perfect balance between cost and quality. Not to mention, Ms. Dong of Guoyan used to be the top dog at MengHai factory.

Oct 30th, '08, 20:16

by orguz » Oct 30th, '08, 20:16

VinceBLG wrote:I'm awaiting a 2008 Mei Zi Qing currently. I'll post lots of pics and notes when it arrives.
I just brewed my YONGDE mei zhi qing (could be misspelled in my case), and it tastes very good. If you're into prune like notes of a sheng pu that's not bitter, give this one a try.

I had ordered quite a few shengs from Scott in March, and haven't the chance to taste this one often, perhaps the 5th time trying this one now. I felt I had to share my experience with this Yong De product. The sweet aftertaste lingers in the throat quite long.

Oct 30th, '08, 22:35
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Oct 30th, '08, 22:35

orguz wrote: prune like notes of a sheng pu that's not bitter
Never had anything from Yong De. Sounds good. I've added it to the never ending YSLLC shopping list!

Oct 31st, '08, 15:21

by orguz » Oct 31st, '08, 15:21

Salsero wrote: I've added it to the never ending YSLLC shopping list!
:twisted: Yes that's so true, each new cake that Scott puts up on his site, I bookmark this list never ends it just grows and grows. :P

+ Post Reply