Official Pu of the day

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Aug 31st, '14, 00:22

Re: Official Pu of the day

by Teaism » Aug 31st, '14, 00:22

A long tea day at home with some tea friends for 9 hours tea session. I made some fresh pizza for dinner in between.

The pu we had was Guanyun Gong Bing (http://teaism99.com/2014/04/18/tribute-貢/) Ta Kou Zhong (http://teaism99.com/2014/02/11/big-mouth-centre-大口中/) Seven Sons Yuen Nien (1993)

Non Pu were Fuding white wild tea, Lapsang Souchong, Dong Ding, and a 1950s Liu Ann.

Funny thing is after that long session, I felt I have not drunk enough of tea and continue to drink when the guest left at 12.30am!

Another great tea day, Yummy!

Cheers! :D

Aug 31st, '14, 01:10

by guitar9876 » Aug 31st, '14, 01:10

Teaism wrote:A long tea day at home with some tea friends for 9 hours tea session. I made some fresh pizza for dinner in between.

The pu we had was Guanyun Gong Bing (http://teaism99.com/2014/04/18/tribute-貢/) Ta Kou Zhong (http://teaism99.com/2014/02/11/big-mouth-centre-大口中/) Seven Sons Yuen Nien (1993)

Non Pu were Fuding white wild tea, Lapsang Souchong, Dong Ding, and a 1950s Liu Ann.

Funny thing is after that long session, I felt I have not drunk enough of tea and continue to drink when the guest left at 12.30am!

Not enough tea?? hahahaha Sounds like a good tea day! :lol:

Aug 31st, '14, 01:17

by drinking_teas » Aug 31st, '14, 01:17

Teaism wrote:A long tea day at home with some tea friends for 9 hours tea session. I made some fresh pizza for dinner in between.

sounds awesome! aged tea and homemade pizza, heavenly. I need to try and have a nice, long tea session with friends. the ones I have been to were 1-2 hours and very rushed, only 3-4 steeps per tea. missed out on finishing some awesome aged teas that way :(

Aug 31st, '14, 01:25

by BW85 » Aug 31st, '14, 01:25

Sounds like my kind of day! :lol:

If I ever make it to your corner of the globe I hope to hunt you down and drink tea with you :)

Aug 31st, '14, 10:06
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » Aug 31st, '14, 10:06

drinking_teas wrote:White2Tea Repave. I like this a lot, quite nice. Like a lesser version of their Keyi Xing, clean and sweet with very little bitterness. I don't know much about pu'erh though, so I can't get the nuances out of it.
Drinking_teas, that is a pretty accurate description. It is somewhat like a lesser KeyiXing.

After a tea tasting session of 98 Yiwu, 05 Naka, and 90's HK style, we went White Whaling.

Aug 31st, '14, 10:14

by j.p.rich » Aug 31st, '14, 10:14

Starting my day off with some New Amerykah2. Actually the leaves are left over from yesterday and oddly enough I think they taste better today. :D

Aug 31st, '14, 18:52

by JohnnyChai » Aug 31st, '14, 18:52

Finishing the last of a cake of Ziyin '03...

This tea was a roller-coaster ride over the course of a year and a half. The last of the cake was filled with astringency hinting that this cake is really only starting to mellow out. Begins to fall out of its fullness at ten steeps, quits around twenty...haven't seen that depth in many teas; especially for the price of this tea at the time.

The bamboo fragrance of this cake has mostly left with the time spent in the dry Cali air. Plenty of tobacco and malt flavor, a gentle cake as far as ku but subtlety is this cakes specialty. Certainly speaks to the ideal of a cake as a sample...

Sep 1st, '14, 00:52

by Tead Off » Sep 1st, '14, 00:52

2013 Bangdong from Teadezhang. Good looking leaves with a sweet, plum flavor. Umami is almost immediate and lays on the tongue for the whole session. Huigan and energy in the mouth. Floral aroma in the dry cup. The body is a little thin and a bit astringent at this young age, but the quality of the tea outshines any lack in any area that the tea may have. Full flavor through many, many, brews. Easy to drink. Good value.

Sep 1st, '14, 22:10

by bonescwa » Sep 1st, '14, 22:10

2014 New Amerykah2 (hope I'm spelling that correctly, too lazy to look it up) from White2tea. Nice leaves, strong dry aroma of minty hay, with only the slightest bitterness when pushed. Boiling water, 30 seconds to 1 minute, porcelain gaiwan. Its a new puerh but it has almost nothing in common with the new puerhs that people say are too astringent, bitter, gastrointestinally challenging, etc. Going strong, mild flavor, inoffensive with some character to it that I can't place. Very strong huigan that goes down the throat and lasts a while. No smoke. Little drying astringency. Chaqi is making me sweat profusely but calming. It's a mildly hot night, I drink tea most hot days/nights, but I don't sweat. Something about new puerh I guess, it doesn't happen with any other tea. This is a tea that is meant to be drunk new, imo, it's the current trend in processing?

Sep 2nd, '14, 21:22

Re:

by mr mopu » Sep 2nd, '14, 21:22

bonescwa wrote:2014 New Amerykah2 (hope I'm spelling that correctly, too lazy to look it up) from White2tea. Nice leaves, strong dry aroma of minty hay, with only the slightest bitterness when pushed. Boiling water, 30 seconds to 1 minute, porcelain gaiwan. Its a new puerh but it has almost nothing in common with the new puerhs that people say are too astringent, bitter, gastrointestinally challenging, etc. Going strong, mild flavor, inoffensive with some character to it that I can't place. Very strong huigan that goes down the throat and lasts a while. No smoke. Little drying astringency. Chaqi is making me sweat profusely but calming. It's a mildly hot night, I drink tea most hot days/nights, but I don't sweat. Something about new puerh I guess, it doesn't happen with any other tea. This is a tea that is meant to be drunk new, imo, it's the current trend in processing?
I like this one. As mentioned I get the "sweat" also.

Sep 2nd, '14, 23:37

by steanze » Sep 2nd, '14, 23:37

2010 bingdao from a trip to China... if I brew it too strong the bitterness covers the cooling/tingling effect, I am trying to find the sweet spot.

I usually use a Yixing pot for young sheng, but this evening I wanted to taste it without the effect of the clay.

Sep 4th, '14, 08:16

by Teaism » Sep 4th, '14, 08:16

Enjoying a nice 2005 DXS today. Most of my DXS are before 2005. I found that after 2005 the quality somehow went south. Those earlier ones are very full bodied and extremely sweet and complex.

Yummy!

Sep 4th, '14, 08:27

by drinking_teas » Sep 4th, '14, 08:27

Teaism wrote:Enjoying a nice 2005 DXS today. Most of my DXS are before 2005. I found that after 2005 the quality somehow went south. Those earlier ones are very full bodied and extremely sweet and complex.

Yummy!

Interesting observation. Haven't had DXS yet, so I'll try and get one that's older than 2005 and one that's younger. Any recommendations in particular?

Sep 4th, '14, 09:05

by Teaism » Sep 4th, '14, 09:05

drinking_teas wrote:
Teaism wrote:Enjoying a nice 2005 DXS today. Most of my DXS are before 2005. I found that after 2005 the quality somehow went south. Those earlier ones are very full bodied and extremely sweet and complex.

Yummy!

Interesting observation. Haven't had DXS yet, so I'll try and get one that's older than 2005 and one that's younger. Any recommendations in particular?
Most of my teas are bought from tea houses after tasting it. Perhaps if you search online and if you can find some decent Mengku DXS, you can consider the tea. They are mid range and the quality is quite good. If you can find an old Mengku, it is a treasure.

Cheers and have a great day! :D

Sep 7th, '14, 11:03

by Puerlife » Sep 7th, '14, 11:03

1998 dry storage Yiwu from White2Tea. My best reference is my 2002 Red Yiwu and after one session I am pretty sure Paul's is much easier to brew and understand and I think that's because it simply has more power. Very special cha qi that allows you to do anything - be serious, have fun, be contemplative, anything except frown. I didn't take notes. I used 7.6 grams. My five-gram phase is officially over. :D
Yesterday I tried his newly listed white sleeve tuo cha, also from 1998, and wow, what a deal. I'll definitely be ordering more of this. And I still have a box full of samples. Can't wait for tomorrow morning. I like that Paul labels his products dry or wet and gives whatever info he can. I feel that this box of samples is going to do much to further my puer education.

+ Post Reply