Nov 3rd, '17, 07:46

Re: Calling on all noobs and not so noobs!

by MuYun » Nov 3rd, '17, 07:46

How long have you been drinking tea?
My whole life, mostly herbal teas(tisanes) as a kid, I started drinking real loose leaf tea four years ago.

What was your first Tea?
My first real, loose leaf tea was a High Mountain Taiwan Oolong(Shanlinxi) which opened my eyes.

What is your favorite Tea currently?
High Mt. Oolongs and Puerh(both sheng and shou) but I tend to drink all kind of teas. However greens and whites rarely find their way to my gaiwan :) .

What is your next purchase?
Some kind of aged sheng from a local vendor in Taipei, Taiwan.

Where is your favorite spot to brew up?
My tea corner on my large study/computer table if I am brewing, for drinking I think sampling/trying teas at tea shops or tea farmers is the best.

Nov 3rd, '17, 10:00

by Teanderfoot » Nov 3rd, '17, 10:00

Hey Teachat. Been a lurker for a while but decided to chime in. I’m originally from Iowa USA, but recently moved to Surrey UK.

How long have you been drinking tea?
Since I was in middle school. More seriously the past five years.

What was your first Tea?
Stash winter mint, or something thereabouts. First loose leaf was gunpowder from the ... Frontier Coop I think?

I’ve just discovered Clipper Organic a couple weeks ago. Not sure it’s ‘real tea,’ but I’m enamoured nevertheless! Wonderful with digestive biscuits, and makes my cupboard smell awesome!

Probably sencha from The Teamakers of London.

No place but my place right now. The water’s hard, though, so it’s not the best.

Nov 9th, '17, 01:47

by LadyJ » Nov 9th, '17, 01:47

MuYun wrote: How long have you been drinking tea?
My whole life, mostly herbal teas(tisanes) as a kid, I started drinking real loose leaf tea four years ago.

What was your first Tea?
My first real, loose leaf tea was a High Mountain Taiwan Oolong(Shanlinxi) which opened my eyes.

High Mt. Oolongs and Puerh(both sheng and shou) but I tend to drink all kind of teas. However greens and whites rarely find their way to my gaiwan :) .

Some kind of aged sheng from a local vendor in Taipei, Taiwan.

My tea corner on my large study/computer table if I am brewing, for drinking I think sampling/trying teas at tea shops or tea farmers is the best.
Hi
Its Julia waving hand from Taiwan!! :)

Nov 12th, '17, 12:49

by MuYun » Nov 12th, '17, 12:49

Hi
Its Julia waving hand from Taiwan!! :)
Hello there Julia,
I guess we can agree that Taiwan is one of the best places to find and enjoy good quality tea :-)

+ Post Reply