Calling on all noobs and not so noobs!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jun 23rd 18 8:31 am

Re: Calling on all noobs and not so noobs!

by dogjaeja » Jun 23rd 18 8:31 am

How long have you been drinking tea?
- 20 years casually. 5-6 years loose leaf.
What was your first Tea?
- Traditional Korean teas.
What is your favorite Tea currently?
- Trying out different oolongs currently.
What is your next purchase?
- Yixing pot for oolong/pureh.
Where is your favorite spot to brew up?
- My desk.

Jun 24th 18 11:24 pm

by FoxTeaWitch » Jun 24th 18 11:24 pm

I've had tea before when I was younger and it was mostly an on and off thing that only happened when I went to this one restaurant. I didn't really start getting serious about tea until November of 2012 but that was mostly bagged stuff. It was in 2015 that I started getting into loose leaf tea and while I still drink some bagged tea (because I like tasting all kinds of teas and because I have a scrapbook for tags and bags lol)

What was your first Tea?

I guess some generic bagged green tea at that one restaurant from my childhood. The other bagged was a mangosteen blend and then I had blended teas.

Right now its an Earl Grey blend that I really like and a black blend with caramel flavour.

Probably Earl Grey Lavender and Earl Grey Bella Luna I hope. At least for right now unless something else catches my eye.

Right now I brew inside but then I drink outside on my balcony, or inside in the living while watching my soaps on Netflix.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Jul 2nd 18 5:34 am

by kaorik » Jul 2nd 18 5:34 am

As long as I can remember, but I only really started getting into teas about 4 years ago.

What was your first Tea?
It was probably some sweetened Luzianne black tea or something. My first good tea was probably some matcha at a tea ceremony when I was pretty young.

I've got some Jin Xuan Oolong that I really enjoy

I really shouldn't be buying any teas. I have way more than I can drink and I'm on a college budget. I am running low on chai though...

Sitting on the floor in my room with my tea tray.

Jul 8th 18 11:29 am

by Tea-Nami » Jul 8th 18 11:29 am

How long have you been drinking tea? Oh geez...this ones tough. I can remember as a child, my mother always (and even to this day) carries tea everywhere she goes.

What was your first Tea? Lipton brewed in the yard under the sun in a giant Glass container.

What is your favorite Tea currently? Ito-En Ryokucha

What is your next purchase? Probably a gunpowder green of some kind, or a nice Irish Breakfast.

Where is your favorite spot to brew up? On the porch, watching the birds eat & play in the bird bath! 🕊️