Calling on all noobs and not so noobs!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Mar 17th 19 3:04 pm

Re: Calling on all noobs and not so noobs!

by AliceG » Mar 17th 19 3:04 pm

How long have you been drinking tea?

Casually and sporadically since a teen - my mom liked Constant Comment, so I drank that growing up. Never liked cheap black iced tea like the rest of America.

Lived in Japan in my mid 20’s, so would drink iced greens but thought most were too bitter, but I liked Jasmine.

I started delving into the world of loose tea in my mid 30’s, but I’m sensitive to caffeine so didn’t drink a lot.

What was your first Tea?
The aforementioned Constant Comment.

What is your favorite Tea currently?
Greenhilltea’s decaf Jasmine.

What is your next purchase?
Perhaps a Harney fruit tea or continue my search for decaf mango and/or passion fruit.

Where is your favorite spot to brew up?
Not terribly picky where and I’m in a small apartment.

Mar 19th 19 12:50 am

by LainMac » Mar 19th 19 12:50 am

AliceG wrote: How long have you been drinking tea?
For a while now, but recently I've started collecting tea pots and tea cups so I've been drinking tea nightly now. It's like a meditation for your mouth :D

What was your first Tea?
Green tea at a Chinese restaurant

ginger peach tumeric

something different...not sure yet

I like drinking tea while doing homework

Mar 26th 19 6:30 am

by MojoSlim » Mar 26th 19 6:30 am

Got roped into this whole tea thing by my wife. Never really drank tea or much anything with caffeine. Recently the Mrs got into bowl tea ceremony and meditation and this piqued my interest enough to start drinking tea.

So far there aren't many teas that I don't like. I enjoy some roasty oolongs and like some darker Shou Puerh and Liu Bao.

I also very much gravitate towards gongfu tea practice teaware, as well as bowl tea teaware and pretty much anything to do with Chaxi - runners, trays, cups, bowls, etc. I'm sort of a gear addict in other endeavors, so I'm excited (and a little afraid) to see where this will lead me.

Thanks for reading,

MojoSlim

Apr 4th 19 5:20 pm
Mod/Admin

by AndrewGC » Apr 4th 19 5:20 pm

Welcome, MojoSlim!
MojoSlim wrote: Got roped into this whole tea thing by my wife. Never really drank tea or much anything with caffeine. Recently the Mrs got into bowl tea ceremony and meditation and this piqued my interest enough to start drinking tea.

So far there aren't many teas that I don't like. I enjoy some roasty oolongs and like some darker Shou Puerh and Liu Bao.

I also very much gravitate towards gongfu tea practice teaware, as well as bowl tea teaware and pretty much anything to do with Chaxi - runners, trays, cups, bowls, etc. I'm sort of a gear addict in other endeavors, so I'm excited (and a little afraid) to see where this will lead me.

Thanks for reading,

MojoSlim

Apr 4th 19 5:22 pm
Mod/Admin

by AndrewGC » Apr 4th 19 5:22 pm

Welcome, and sounds yummy! Whats your source for ginger peach turmeric?
LainMac wrote:
AliceG wrote: How long have you been drinking tea?
For a while now, but recently I've started collecting tea pots and tea cups so I've been drinking tea nightly now. It's like a meditation for your mouth :D

What was your first Tea?
Green tea at a Chinese restaurant

ginger peach tumeric

something different...not sure yet

I like drinking tea while doing homework

Apr 21st 19 1:16 pm

by evan.meulemans » Apr 21st 19 1:16 pm

How long have you been drinking tea?
I've been drinking tea on and off for about 10 years (mostly bags and some loose leaf from a local shop), but only recently started delving a little deeper into it.

What was your first Tea?
The first tea I remember was a Yogi Tea's Green Tea Kombucha (I'm still unsure how they figured it was kombucha now that I brew the stuff).

I'm currently enjoying Bao Zhong Oolong and Jade Oolong. We'll see where it goes from there.

I'm looking at a few younger shengs and some white tea. I'm just getting really interested in all of it. Maybe try some Tie Guan Yin or Taiping Hou Kui

Right now, my favorite spot is a Friday night at the local tea bar called Leaf tea bar. Tons of great people that are willing to indulge my endless questions.

Jun 24th 19 12:14 am

by leafmajor » Jun 24th 19 12:14 am

How long have you been drinking tea? ...a handful of years. i'm from the southern united states and i dislike sweet tea so before i moved, it was tisane only for me.

What was your first tea? ...a very pretty, soft and tippy Chinese white served at a noisy, trendy shop in san francisco. the server was very gracious and taught me how to use the gaiwan, which i quite liked. i now have a slight gaiwan addiction.

What is your favorite tea currently? ...sencha, high mountain oolong and matcha. i also like young sheng and yancha, on occasion.

What is your next purchase? ...matcha from a few different vendors

Where is your favorite spot to brew up? ...in bed