Hi all tea friend - from Vietnam with love

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Mar 27th, '24, 07:36

Hi all tea friend - from Vietnam with love

by Mongkieu » Mar 27th, '24, 07:36

Hello every body. I’m Mong Kieu - a tea lover from Vietnam.
Nice to meet you all.
I would like to learn and share my tea passion, especially Vietnamese tea and the way to enjoy tea in Vietnam.
Regards,
Mong Kieu

Apr 6th, '24, 15:37

Re: Hi all tea friend - from Vietnam with love

by magicbob » Apr 6th, '24, 15:37

Mongkieu wrote: Hello every body. I’m Mong Kieu - a tea lover from Vietnam.
Nice to meet you all.
I would like to learn and share my tea passion, especially Vietnamese tea and the way to enjoy tea in Vietnam.
Xin chao!
I am a tea lover from America. I spent almost a month in Sri Lanka this past Aug touring tea plantations, tea master lessons, and tea tastings. I loved it!

I returned to Vietnam for my 4th time in Feb, and wanted to have some tea shipped to my HCMC apartment to bring home with me. I have only had Shan Tuyet tea which I like.

I only buy black tea with no added flavor and so I purchased about 5-6 different Vietnamese black teas that were unflavored - as they were named black teas. Mostly 500 gram bags.

But when I opened two - the scent of some flavor - smelled flowery or perfumy and was so strong. On the order of Earl Grey.

Is it usual that what appear to be Vietnamese loose leaf black teas many times have flavors added but do not state that in the description?

Do you have any suggestions of Vietnamese bold unflavored loose leaf black teas that are good with a splash of milk? I do not use sugar.

Kind regards!
Bob

+ Post Reply