delurking/unlurking! a belated introduction

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Feb 26th, '10, 02:51

delurking/unlurking! a belated introduction

by pimli » Feb 26th, '10, 02:51

Thanks (curse you?) TeaChat for successfully catapulting me deep into tea mania. I stumbled across the forums a couple of months ago after getting the Adagio utiliTEA and ingenuiTEA for my birthday. Naturally, I wanted to baptize my new babies with something that wasn't Lipton/tea bag crap. I got the sampler tins, yes, but soon wanted more.

I will not go into the ugly details. You know how it is. "ooooh, teaware!"
"hmm, this tea/vendor seems well-reviewed by lots of TeaChatters. guess I'll try it out then!" buybuybuy

It was ugly.

Just barely regaining my senses lately. "budget" and "you have enough tea... for now", and "the yixing can wait" have finally entered my vocabulary.

Thankfully mr.pimli has been indulgent through it all, even getting me a cute gaiwan, some aroma cups and a few boxes of tea from his recent trip home for Chinese New Year. Accompanied by a gentle "Don't you think you have enough for now?" Right. He's right.

So. Now going through all my samplers and learning which ones, particularly, which oolong, I like best. Also practicing my non-existent gong fu skillz. Still getting a few burned fingers, but the callouses I develop will soon protect me. :P

This should all keep me and my friends-- oops, would you look at that, I've somehow managed to rope in a couple of friends in my tea journey-- busy for a while. By the way they say hi, and "Thank you for the introduction into the world of loose leaf tea!"

I'll be sneaking onto the boards occasionally. See you around! :)

Feb 26th, '10, 06:31
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: delurking/unlurking! a belated introduction

by Victoria » Feb 26th, '10, 06:31

Welcome to the forum!

Feb 26th, '10, 08:47

by AdamMY » Feb 26th, '10, 08:47

Hopefully the burnt fingers will pass, but do not be surprised if in 6 months after not burning your fingers for awhile you get a bit lazy and you burn them a few more times.

Speaking of burns, we are all clumsy in our own way, I have a habit of accidentally reaching over steaming kettles :!: yeah something hopefully you'll be better at avoiding then I am.

Feb 27th, '10, 13:19

by Dreamer » Feb 27th, '10, 13:19

Just remember 'whatever happens on the TeaChat, stays on the TeaChat'.
You can confess all here and we promise not to laugh (much) :lol:

Welcome..have fun!

Dreamer

Feb 27th, '10, 16:57
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 27th, '10, 16:57

Dreamer wrote:Just remember 'whatever happens on the TeaChat, stays on the TeaChat'.
You can confess all here and we promise not to laugh (much) :lol:

Welcome..have fun!

Dreamer
+1
Welcome Pimli to TeaChat. I am looking forward to seeing more of you around the forum, so don't be a stranger. :mrgreen:

Mar 2nd, '10, 23:56

by myemmie » Mar 2nd, '10, 23:56

I've just made my delurking post as well! Nice to meet someone with whom I can share my new *cough*rabid*cough* hobbying with. :)

May 5th, '10, 21:13

by nonc_ron » May 5th, '10, 21:13

Ditto on all the Welcoming stuff. :D
Seriously.

May 6th, '10, 13:24

by Dresden » May 6th, '10, 13:24

pimli wrote:You know how it is. "ooooh, teaware!"
"hmm, this tea/vendor seems well-reviewed by lots of TeaChatters. guess I'll try it out then!" buybuybuy
Take comfort in the fact that this urge NEVER completely goes away.... :mrgreen:

May 6th, '10, 14:55

by aya_s » May 6th, '10, 14:55

pimli wrote:You know how it is. "ooooh, teaware!"
I laughed so hard. I laughed because it is true. :D

If I may ask, how are the folks posting here burning their fingers gongfu brewing? I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I've been fortunate to never have done that, so maybe there's something in the way that I'm doing things that may be of assistance?

+ Post Reply