Calling on all noobs and not so noobs!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Dec 8th, '16, 00:07
Vendor Member

Re: Calling on all noobs and not so noobs!

by ethan » Dec 8th, '16, 00:07

Hey, TwoPynts, Always wondered whether the teapot is tiny or the finger is giant.....

Sending you a PM Welcome back

Dec 8th, '16, 10:50

by TwoPynts » Dec 8th, '16, 10:50

ethan wrote:Hey, TwoPynts, Always wondered whether the teapot is tiny or the finger is giant.....

Sending you a PM Welcome back
Why, it is a giant finger of course! :)

Mar 6th, '17, 09:45

by PanosAnagno » Mar 6th, '17, 09:45

Hello everyone. My name is Panos and I come from Greece.

How long have you been drinking tea?
I was really into tea since a kid. But seriously drinking for about 10 years.

What was your first Tea?
My first real tea was Ali Shan oolong

What is your favorite Tea currently?
Castleton Moonlight, Yuchi Black, Da Hong Pao, roasted Dong Ding

What is your next purchase?
Probably some wuyi oolongs and taiwanese blacks

Where is your favorite spot to brew up?
In my kitchen, trying to make time to appreciate tea properly. I enjoy spending an hour just gongfuing different teas.

Mar 6th, '17, 23:07

by PriyaEs » Mar 6th, '17, 23:07

Not really much of a tea drinker but recently I have begun after receiving some sort of Teavana Starter Kit for Christmas. Now I am interested in learning all about teas.

What was your first Tea?
My first tea was a classic Twinnings English Breakfast my parents made 3-4 times per day when I was a kid.

Currently in love with some Gyokuro Imperial Green Tea from Teavana, but making a 4 hour drive this weekend to a few tea farms to buy some of their awesome product.

Probably a few teas from the gift shops from a few tea farms in the Australian North Queensland Tablelands.

My favourite spot to brew up currently is in my room, away from all the other people and things and repsonsibilities. Just me, my grenade mug, and lots of quiet time.

Mar 24th, '17, 15:10

by Coq.uelicot » Mar 24th, '17, 15:10

Hi! I'm Francesca from Italy, I found out about this beautiful forum searching the net about matcha astringency :)

For almost seven years now, since the first teashop opened in Naples near my University and I started buying more significant leaves than the ones you could find in a teabag (argh!)

What was your first Tea?
My first teas were all blends not so disrespectful to infusions, but most certainly not proper tea. I remember buying the first dignified tea in Bologna, being it a Huang Shan Mao Feng.

I've always been a silver needle lover, but I'm also a passionate student of japanese art and culture and I'm trying to get more involved in japanese teas. My most recent love is a batch of really refreshing Tamaryokucha.

I'm thinking of trying a da hong pao that the before mentioned neapolitan shop brought, they actually have four with different grades of baking and I'm gonna ask for some advice once I get there.

My kitchen whenever nobody's around, as I need some calmness or I just skip the brewing. We have a garden which happens to have different sets of flowers in bloom for every season, so I just stand on the door and sip away.

I hope I'll get to know more about tea with some new friends, I never had such an opportunity! :)

Mar 24th, '17, 20:18

by steanze » Mar 24th, '17, 20:18

Benvenuta Francesca! I hope you'll find a lot of useful information here :)

Mar 25th, '17, 14:58
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » Mar 25th, '17, 14:58

Ciao Francesca, benvenuta! This is an amazing forum for tea enthusiasts!

Mar 28th, '17, 09:18

by Flo Swax » Mar 28th, '17, 09:18

I have been drinking tea regurlarly for five years I guess...

What was your first Tea?
I guess my first tea was a black and lemon tea by Lipton... My grandmother's tea. Which I thought was uninteresting: flavoured brown hot water... I was such a fool!

Ooh that's a very difficult question, I don't know ! I know I usually love black tea, preferably spiced black tea, but I love a good surprise. I drink Whittard's and Kusmi's a lot.

My two next purchases: Matcha tea with everything that goes with it: the whisk and the bowl, and the perfect teaset: cups saucers and a big teapot.

Everywhere and anywhere!

Apr 4th, '17, 14:55

by Sleeper » Apr 4th, '17, 14:55

I'm new here and this seemed like a good place to start.

I drank herbal tea as a kid. But I only really started thinking about the quality the tea in the past year or two

What was your first Tea?

The first one to really speak to me was Green Hill Spring Green from the good people at TeaBox. It had a wonderful taste of petrichor that I've yet to be able to find in another variety.

I've been on a bit of a Puerh kick lately. Mostly ripe. I like that earthy/clay taste.

Currently waiting on some Ginseng Oolong to come in the post. I've also got three camellia sinensis saplings scheduled to arrive in the next few days. Very excited :D

Usually at home or work. I'd like to get one of those nice tea sets and brew up in the garden.

I'm still a noob so I'm glad I found this community. Incidentally while looking for a duplicate of a tea labeled "Yunnan 'Laobanzhang'" which I now realize probably wasn't genuine so I don't really know how to find it again because I really liked that rich, earthy flavor.

Apr 7th, '17, 18:46

by Triglav » Apr 7th, '17, 18:46

Hi everybody, I'm from Poland and this is my first post (and introduction), but I've been reading this forum for a couple of months. It's nice to see that there're so many serious tea drinkers in West Europe and in America. :) And I am sorry for my poor English :wink:

Since I remember, I was 4 yours old, so it's been almost 30 years know. But I'm a serious drinker of loose leaf tea for 6 years, only tea bags before.

What was your first Tea?
Some tea bags, blend of black tea, dried fruits and aroma, probably from Lipton. When I was at school, I used to drink black tea bags from Lipton and Tetley. Six years ago I started drinking loose leaf tea, first black from supermarkets, and soon I discovered better quality tea from tea shops and few people who enjoy them. Then I started reading about tea, gongfu cha, bought my first gaiwan etc. So it's quite typical story of tea convertion ;)

Have few favourite tea, among them are green tea from Yunnan and Vietnam, fresh darjeelings, gyokuro, Yancha and Dongding oolongs, and black tea, esp. from Yunnan and Nuwara Eliya.

Some FF darjeelings and shincha.

I have some corner in my apartment adjusted for brewing and drinking tea, but it's used only in winter and autumn; I try to do it in the garden in spring and summer.

Apr 9th, '17, 22:54

by Yawatayachaho » Apr 9th, '17, 22:54

Hi there!!
I'm so glad to participate in this chat!!

For all my life. I'm 28. I was born in Japan and brought up in there.
Actually I don't remember when is my first time lol I can definitely say i have been drinking Green tea ever since I can remember.

What was your first Tea?
I guess it was SENCHA. I have been drinking this like common sense. I love it, so I decided to enter Green tea merchant and I'm working there now.

My favorite one is Deep-steamed SENCHA.
When I learned official way to make SENCHA, it makes me really surprised. Deep Green color, little bit sweet and feel moderate bitter. I'm hooked on making the best one to improve my skill.

Matcha. The best way tasting it is "drink" of course.
However, the way of tasting Tea is changed along with trend of the times.
Currently, we can taste it as Cakes, Cookies, Bread etc... for example.
It's interesting for me to expand potential tasting Green tea all over the world.

In my case, I'd glad that tea I brew up makes people happy and smile.
So my favorite spot is everywhere there are people loves Green tea.

Apr 17th, '17, 08:56

by SakuraTraveler » Apr 17th, '17, 08:56

Greetings from India.

Technically I've been drinking tea all my life, but to be accurate, I started really thinking about tea as a thing only for the last 8 years now. I'm 24.

My first tea was the Chai ubiquitous here. Despite being an important tea producing country, people here don't put much thought into it and are usually happy buying CTC. It makes terrible black tea. I distinctly remember green tea became a thing when I was 12-13. Prior to that only those who bought good tea from plantation distributors knew there was such a thing. I think tea producers are just now starting to realise that Indians are willing to try out all the types of tea there are and more players are thus stepping in to the processing market.

My current favorite would have to be Darjeeling Silver Needle White. I'm in love with the scent of the one I have. I think I make terrible tea, but well as long as it's just me.

The site that I currently buy tea from, offers many samplers so I'll be trying out their white, fruit or oolong sampler next. Haven't decided yet. I'd love to try Chinese teas, but sadly I cant afford international shipping.

I'm thrilled to find this whole forum about tea!

Apr 17th, '17, 11:41

by steanze » Apr 17th, '17, 11:41

Welcom to the forum Flo Swax, Sleeper, Triglav, Yawatayachaho, and SakuraTraveler!!

Apr 17th, '17, 20:12

by mattie1717 » Apr 17th, '17, 20:12

Hi All,
I'm Mattie from NH, USA. Just discovered this forum while searching the net for tea rooms in
NH. Great to see all the other "teaheads" out there.

Apr 18th, '17, 06:02

by William » Apr 18th, '17, 06:02

mattie1717 wrote: Hi All,
I'm Mattie from NH, USA. Just discovered this forum while searching the net for tea rooms in
NH. Great to see all the other "teaheads" out there.
Welcome mattie1717! :D

+ Post Reply