Hello from California

Please introduce yourself here to our membership


Sep 1st, '13, 23:06
Posts: 30
Joined: Sep 1st, '13

Hello from California

by GuyWan » Sep 1st, '13, 23:06

Hi everyone, nice forum!

How long have you been drinking tea?
I have been drinking tea for 20 years but I only started drinking loose leaf teas 6-7 years ago. For many years I only drank black tea, English-style. Then I got into Chinese-style tea big time when I moved to San Francisco and spent quite a bit of time in and around Chinatown.

What was your first Tea?
I can't remember, probably Lipton or Twinings. My first oolong was Tung Ting.

What is your favorite Tea currently?
Oolongs are my favorites (fu shou shan, baozhong, beidou, mi lan xiang). Green teas are my least favorites.

What is your next purchase?
A Shui Xian cake.

Where is your favorite spot to brew up?
I mostly brew tea at my kitchen counter. But my favorite spot is, ironically, the coffee table in my living room where I can use my full gong fu setup and relax.

User avatar
Sep 2nd, '13, 01:08
Posts: 5941
Joined: Jan 10th, '10
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact: debunix

Re: Hello from California

by debunix » Sep 2nd, '13, 01:08

Welcome!

User avatar
Sep 2nd, '13, 11:27
Posts: 253
Joined: Sep 19th, '11
Location: Northern California

Re: Hello from California

by tst » Sep 2nd, '13, 11:27

Yes, welcome.

If you're ever up near the Bay Area and looking to share some tea together, send me a pm ...

User avatar
Sep 10th, '13, 06:56
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 15th, '13

Re: Hello from California

by donaldosborne » Sep 10th, '13, 06:56

Hi!
Nice background story in introduction!

Sep 11th, '13, 20:53
Posts: 30
Joined: Sep 1st, '13

Re: Hello from California

by GuyWan » Sep 11th, '13, 20:53

Thanks guys!

After reading the forum for the past week or so, I realize how much I still have to learn. It's a bit overwhelming, but I'll eventually get there, one cup of tea at a time.

User avatar
Sep 12th, '13, 12:25
Posts: 39
Joined: Jul 22nd, '13

Re: Hello from California

by dan88 » Sep 12th, '13, 12:25

Welcome!

I am curious to see your "full gong fu setup". I am still in the process of gathering the equipment for brewing tea.

Sep 12th, '13, 16:55
Posts: 30
Joined: Sep 1st, '13

Re: Hello from California

by GuyWan » Sep 12th, '13, 16:55

dan88 wrote:Welcome!

I am curious to see your "full gong fu setup". I am still in the process of gathering the equipment for brewing tea.


Thanks for the welcome. This is what I consider my full gong fu setup. I like to keep it fairly uncluterred.
Attachments
IMG_3569 (1).jpg
IMG_3569 (1).jpg (115.58 KiB) Viewed 988 times

User avatar
Sep 12th, '13, 17:17
Posts: 39
Joined: Jul 22nd, '13

Re: Hello from California

by dan88 » Sep 12th, '13, 17:17

GuyWan wrote:
dan88 wrote:Welcome!

I am curious to see your "full gong fu setup". I am still in the process of gathering the equipment for brewing tea.


Thanks for the welcome. This is what I consider my full gong fu setup. I like to keep it fairly uncluterred.


Wow, I like it. Beautiful and simple. Especially I like the tea table. That gray circle... does it mean something?

Sep 12th, '13, 17:27
Posts: 30
Joined: Sep 1st, '13

Re: Hello from California

by GuyWan » Sep 12th, '13, 17:27

dan88 wrote:
GuyWan wrote:
dan88 wrote:Welcome!

I am curious to see your "full gong fu setup". I am still in the process of gathering the equipment for brewing tea.


Thanks for the welcome. This is what I consider my full gong fu setup. I like to keep it fairly uncluterred.


Wow, I like it. Beautiful and simple. Especially I like the tea table. That gray circle... does it mean something?


The open circle seems to mean different things to different people. The salesperson told me that it symbolizes life's imperfections.

+ Post Reply