Greetings from Scandinavia

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Sep 19th, '14, 06:45

Greetings from Scandinavia

by truenorth » Sep 19th, '14, 06:45

I've been drinking tea since I was twelve. I grew up on Lipton's Earl Grey and sincerely enjoyed that tea for a very long time. When I went to China to study mandarin my view on tea changed. I saw people walking around with these glass bottles with some leaves in them and I couldn't understand why. I tried it and thought it tasted like sea water. How I regret that now!

I've been slowly transitioning from flavoured tea bags to loose leaf to mostly green unflavoured varities for some time now. The shift came when I went to my local tea shop and asked the guy to bring me some higher quality teas. I came out from there with sencha, mao feng, lung ching, Jasmine Dragon Pearls and a white tea. I've experienced with them ever since. Reading the threads on this forum inspired me to learn more and I'm eager to contribute to the talk here. The first cup of sencha I made was mind blowing. Not because of my excellent brewing technique (lol), but the difference between some really good tea and the teas I've been drinking was miles apart, which I then realized.

I do consider myself a tea newbie and hope to learn much by being here.

Well, that's me :)

Sep 19th, '14, 07:45

Re: Greetings from Scandinavia

by Poseidon » Sep 19th, '14, 07:45

Welcome! Congrats on properly starting your loose leaf tea journey. Its a very exciting and rewarding road.

Oct 9th, '14, 01:55

by PaleWhiteRabbit » Oct 9th, '14, 01:55

Both sides of my family are from Scandinavia, a few generations back. Even traveled to Sweden once. The person looking at my passport took one look at my last name and said 'welcome home'.

Welcome to the wonderful world of tea. I started on Lipton too, but I quickly got bored and switched to sodas. Once I found out that bags of tea was not all there was it was like the entire world opened at once.

BTW my name is Roxanne Larson

Oct 9th, '14, 02:03

by Teaism » Oct 9th, '14, 02:03

Welcome! Nice to hear from someone from Scandinavia.I have been watching Scandinavian food culture programme every night for months and it is really nice there! The sceneries and food culture at your place are really fantastic. Hope to visit there one day!

Welcome to the world of tea!

Cheers! :D

+ Post Reply