New to TC

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Apr 6th, '15, 08:34

New to TC

by BagzDeep » Apr 6th, '15, 08:34

Hello everyone! I'm thinking about getting deeper into the whole tea drinking thing. Looking to learn some stuff and evolve from drinking tea bags. Love my oolong and matcha!

Any suggestions for tea brewing supplies for a newb to get into the loose leaf scene?

Thanks,
BD

Apr 7th, '15, 11:40
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: New to TC

by Mrs. Chip » Apr 7th, '15, 11:40

Welcome to the forum, BagzDeep! Glad you joined our Tea Community.
There are a few essential items you will need, especially for matcha. I know Chip started with a small cereal bowl and used a small kitchen whisk. Then graduated to a chawan and a chasen rather quickly.

Apr 7th, '15, 11:45
Scrolling: scrolling

by Mrs. Chip » Apr 7th, '15, 11:45

Oolongs can be brewed in either in a gaiwan or a teapot. Gaiwans are generally the cheaper way to go to start and get you in the right direction.

We have a TeaWare Artisan section, take a peek and see what you like. We can also help you along with TAD. 8) (TeaWare Addiction Disorder! )

Apr 7th, '15, 15:10

by BagzDeep » Apr 7th, '15, 15:10

Wow! Great info there, will be looking for some teaware shortly and hopefully not becoming a teaware addict. :lol: Problem with me is once I get into something I tend to dive in head first and go a little overboard... Im looking at purchasing some loose leaf now :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply