Hi from Shenzhen

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Aug 3rd, '15, 04:03

Hi from Shenzhen

by kika » Aug 3rd, '15, 04:03

Hi, I am CK now living in Shenzhen. Born in Malaysia and had been in Shenzhen for the past 10 years, recently retired.
Drank tea growing up in Malaysia, not sure what tea as grandma would always have a pot in the house. Bless her.
My current favourite tea is cooked pu er.
I also like to collect zisha teapots..went 'mad' when I first came to Shenzhen in 2004 and bought quite a lot, but had over the years mellow down . Use to buy those with intricate 'artwork' but had since gone for the more classical design.
Now that I have more time, been reading up lots on tea and teapots and had learn much from this site. Many thanks!
Am going to Nanjing and Yixing just to tour the place, had always wanted to make this trip.

Aug 3rd, '15, 07:19
Vendor Member

Re: Hi from Shenzhen

by jayinhk » Aug 3rd, '15, 07:19

Welcome to TeaChat! I'm from right over the border (Hong Kong). I've been meaning to check out the Shenzhen tea scene, but I have enough tea for the year for sure! ;)

Aug 3rd, '15, 11:26

by kika » Aug 3rd, '15, 11:26

Thanks Jay. There's a tea fare in Oct at the Convention Centre in HK that I have marked in my calendar. I was told there is an exhibit of yixing teapots at CUHK in Shatin.
There is a tea fare twice a year at the Convention & Exhibition Centre in Futian, Shenzhen.

Aug 3rd, '15, 19:06
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Aug 3rd, '15, 19:06

Thanks, i went to a tea fair in Guangzhou earlier this year. Lots of mediocre and even bad tea around!

+ Post Reply