From fountain pens to tea!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Aug 22nd, '15, 17:32

From fountain pens to tea!

by I-330 » Aug 22nd, '15, 17:32

Hello, fellow tea drinkers!

I'm not new to drinking looseleaf tea; I have been drinking oolong and green tea for maybe 8 years now. I am now trying different types like pu-erh and white tea. Still undecided on pu-erh, as I think it's something of an acquired taste. Current favourite tea is Bai Mu Dan. :)

I used to be an avid fountain pen collector but now I'm developing an interest in teaware. I have a sneaking suspicion that my tea hobby will be more expensive in the long run. :lol: Any fountain pen users out there?

Aug 22nd, '15, 18:33

Re: From fountain pens to tea!

by John Li » Aug 22nd, '15, 18:33

Welcome to the forum!

What is your favorite green tea?

Aug 22nd, '15, 21:13

by I-330 » Aug 22nd, '15, 21:13

Thanks! :D

Maybe Hojicha. I wouldn't say no to a cup right now, but alas, I'm all out. Time to place a new order... and maybe throw in some sencha to try! :) Have you got any green tea recommendations? I haven't tried very many kinds. For a long while, I had only Longjing so I'm most familiar with that.

Aug 23rd, '15, 03:26

by John Li » Aug 23rd, '15, 03:26

Thanks for your reply ))

I like Chinese green teas more than Japanese.
At the moment, my favorites green teas are Taiping Houhui, Meng Ding Gun Lu, Luan Guapian. They are really nice. :)

Aug 24th, '15, 09:12

by Frisbeehead » Aug 24th, '15, 09:12

Welcome to the forum!

If you like Japanese teas, I'd recommend checking out O-Cha. Their sencha, matcha, gyokuro, etc is all delicious.

Aug 24th, '15, 12:48

by I-330 » Aug 24th, '15, 12:48

Thanks, John! I'll check those out. I got a package of Chinese green teas the other day which I look forward to trying this week. :D

Frisbeehead, thanks for the welcome! :) O-Cha is on my list. I've read a few threads on the forum, and it looks like Yutaka Midori is one of their most-liked teas. Such a nice green colour too.

Aug 30th, '15, 11:22

by shudaizi » Aug 30th, '15, 11:22

I-330 wrote:Hello, fellow tea drinkers!

I'm not new to drinking looseleaf tea; I have been drinking oolong and green tea for maybe 8 years now. I am now trying different types like pu-erh and white tea. Still undecided on pu-erh, as I think it's something of an acquired taste. Current favourite tea is Bai Mu Dan. :)

I used to be an avid fountain pen collector but now I'm developing an interest in teaware. I have a sneaking suspicion that my tea hobby will be more expensive in the long run. :lol: Any fountain pen users out there?
I'm late to see this, but welcome and yes, I'm a longtime (20+ years) fountain pen addict. Collection is small, but my daily writer is a Conid Bulkfiller Streamline Demonstrator with a Fine titanium nib that I adore. Currently filled with Pilot Blue, but will be switching to R&K Salix (one of my favorite inks) later today. Do you have a favorite pen? Ink?

ETA: As you correctly surmise, teaware can be just as addictive as FPs, (good) tea even more so!

Sep 11th, '15, 10:26

by minaa » Sep 11th, '15, 10:26

I collect fountain pens! I tend to stay under the $150 range with my purchases. It seems that there is some overlap between tea collecting and fountain pen use. We're a contemplative bunch, I think.

+ Post Reply