Hello From Canada

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Apr 4th, '16, 17:07

Hello From Canada

by Griff » Apr 4th, '16, 17:07

Just wanted to say hi before diving into the threads.

I'm a big fan of Japanese green tea. My journey started several years ago when I began to wonder why my supermarket green tea wasn't actually green. This question spurred me to try loose leaf, then tea from a local Japanese tea shop, and finally the high quality sencha/matcha/gyokuro that's available from online vendors like O-Cha.

While my primary interest is tea from Japan, I dabble in various Chinese selections as well.

Cheers :)

Apr 4th, '16, 20:26

Re: Hello From Canada

by debunix » Apr 4th, '16, 20:26

Griff wrote:Just wanted to say hi before diving into the threads.

I'm a big fan of Japanese green tea. My journey started several years ago when I began to wonder why my supermarket green tea wasn't actually green. This question spurred me to try loose leaf, then tea from a local Japanese tea shop, and finally the high quality sencha/matcha/gyokuro that's available from online vendors like O-Cha.

While my primary interest is tea from Japan, I dabble in various Chinese selections as well.

Cheers :)
Welcome!

Very few of us here stick to just one kind of tea--but there are lots of us who love sencha, and greens from China and Taiwan and Korea and some who have good access for reasons of geography and travel describe interesting greens from Thailand, Vietman, India, and Nepal, and more.

You might even find yourself drawn into oolongs (some are quite 'green') or sheng puerh (many of which, if not aged, have elements in common with greens).

Cheers!

May 9th, '16, 11:30
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Hello From Canada

by Chip » May 9th, '16, 11:30

Welcome Griff!

I drink Japanese greens exclusively the last few years.

+ Post Reply