Hello

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Mar 22nd, '17, 20:37

Hello

by desguardia » Mar 22nd, '17, 20:37

I was looking up what goes well in white tea. It brought me here and I had to join. I always laugh when people say they want tea and ask what I have because I have an entire cabinet full of various teas/infusions for a variety of needs and tastes.

Anyway, I love tea, coffee, infusions: nature's pharmacy!

Geeking with Desguardia

Mar 22nd, '17, 22:15

Re: Hello

by steanze » Mar 22nd, '17, 22:15

Welcome to the forum Desguardia!!

Mar 23rd, '17, 15:57
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » Mar 23rd, '17, 15:57

Welcome Desguardia! :D

Mar 23rd, '17, 20:07

by djamperry » Mar 23rd, '17, 20:07

Hello,

I'm relatively new to this. I've been drinking Red Rose or Lipton tea since I was 10. Several years later, I've recently tried Tea from Teavana. I fell in love with Rev Up which is part of their Wellness brand. It is a blend of Oolong and Green tea. I am in love! I feel like my head is clearer with drinking this tea, than I've ever felt with drinking a few cups of coffee. I'm posting here because I just don't understand it. It seems like the caffeine level of coffee is higher but still not making me feel the same as the tea. I was hoping someone on this board could help me understand the clarity I feel in my mind and the mental awareness after having one cup of tea vs 2-3 cups of coffee ( and never coming anywhere near how I feel with tea)

Mar 23rd, '17, 20:44

by joelbct » Mar 23rd, '17, 20:44

djamperry wrote: I feel like my head is clearer with drinking this tea, than I've ever felt with drinking a few cups of coffee. I'm posting here because I just don't understand it. It seems like the caffeine level of coffee is higher but still not making me feel the same as the tea. I was hoping someone on this board could help me understand the clarity I feel in my mind and the mental awareness after having one cup of tea vs 2-3 cups of coffee ( and never coming anywhere near how I feel with tea)
Look up the compound L-theanine. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theanine

Theanine and Caffeine have something to do with the (relatively mild but significant) psychoactive properties of tea, and how it differs from that of coffee or other caffiene-containing beverages, but there are hundreds of compounds and phytonutrients in tea, and innumerable varietals, strains, terroirs, and processing methods that yield thousands of types of C sinensis tea, so the reality is probably complex.

The following are good general guides for relative newbs as well, but do take some of the pronouncements with a grain of salt.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/01/tea- ... ryone.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/tea/wiki/faq

+ Post Reply