Tea scholar from Ottawa, Canada

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Apr 19th, '17, 16:23

Tea scholar from Ottawa, Canada

by Senlin » Apr 19th, '17, 16:23

Hi everyone,

My name is Sylvain, or 森林 (Senlin) in Chinese. I worked several years for a teahouse in Ottawa, and traveled in China and Taïwan to meet tea producers, potters and tea masters (I met so wonderful people, I still feel honoured for these precious moments).

I quit my job 3 years ago, but I'd like to continue farther on the 茶道 (Way of Tea), and learn more about teaware (being able to recognize clay and porcelain artists, based on their seals, or their style), about tea ceremonies (I like bowl infusion ceremony from the end of Ming dynasty), and of course about tea itself.
As it is a really difficult task from an Eastern perspective, I've just began learning Chinese in order to be able to read books and treatises. So any advice would be deeply appreciated, especially if you are a tea student from Taïwan or continental China :wink:

I specially love 四川茶 (tea from Sichuan), but right now, I'm drinking a 大红袍 (Da Hong Pao) : it's soooo rainy outside !

Don't hesitate to write me an message : I love to share and learn about tea !

Senlin

Apr 21st, '17, 10:05

Re: Tea scholar from Ottawa, Canada

by williammimi70 » Apr 21st, '17, 10:05

Senlin wrote: Hi everyone,

My name is Sylvain, or 森林 (Senlin) in Chinese. I worked several years for a teahouse in Ottawa, and traveled in China and Taïwan to meet tea producers, potters and tea masters (I met so wonderful people, I still feel honoured for these precious moments).

I quit my job 3 years ago, but I'd like to continue farther on the 茶道 (Way of Tea), and learn more about teaware (being able to recognize clay and porcelain artists, based on their seals, or their style), about tea ceremonies (I like bowl infusion ceremony from the end of Ming dynasty), and of course about tea itself.
As it is a really difficult task from an Eastern perspective, I've just began learning Chinese in order to be able to read books and treatises. So any advice would be deeply appreciated, especially if you are a tea student from Taïwan or continental China :wink:

I specially love 四川茶 (tea from Sichuan), but right now, I'm drinking a 大红袍 (Da Hong Pao) : it's soooo rainy outside !

Don't hesitate to write me an message : I love to share and learn about tea !

Senlin
Welcome and hopefully we all can learn more from the experienced members of the forum

Apr 21st, '17, 11:38
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » Apr 21st, '17, 11:38

Welcome Senlin! :D

Apr 21st, '17, 12:32

by Senlin » Apr 21st, '17, 12:32

williammimi70 wrote: Welcome and hopefully we all can learn more from the experienced members of the forum
Thank you williammimi70 ! This forum and its members are indeed a gold mine :D

Senlin

Apr 21st, '17, 12:34

by Senlin » Apr 21st, '17, 12:34

William wrote: Welcome Senlin! :D
Thank you William ! It's a pleasure to be here :D

Senlin

Apr 21st, '17, 12:51

by steanze » Apr 21st, '17, 12:51

Hi Senlin! Welcome to the forum!!

Apr 21st, '17, 13:18

by Senlin » Apr 21st, '17, 13:18

steanze wrote: Hi Senlin! Welcome to the forum!!
Thank you very much Steanze ! :D

+ Post Reply