Hello from Fort Collins!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

May 5th, '17, 16:52

Hello from Fort Collins!

by Jay_Dee » May 5th, '17, 16:52

Hiya! I'm Layne, and though I was born and raised in Florida until about a year and a few months ago Colorado is my home. One thing I was excited to find was how extensive the tea culture is here compared to where I was. In fact, I had all my teas shipped from The Tea Spot, which happens to be in Boulder! I love hiking in the mountains, browsing downtown, or just curling up with my cat to watch an old movie. Format for this message borrowed from SuperTonic.

How long have you been drinking tea?
Ever since I could remember. While she was still with us my paternal grandmother would take me, my sister, and my mother to a Christmas low tea every year. I quickly grew fond of tea outside of the holidays, and grew up with an equal appreciation for coffee and tea.

What was your first tea?
I guess the first tea I ever drank was an earl gray, but The first tea I remember liking was a mint green tea that I'd gotten from a grocery store.

What is your favorite tea currently?
I will always love and go back to my peppermint tea, but my current favorite is chocolate cherry bomb! from Tea Spot.

What is your next purchase?
I'm in the market for a new pot, the only pot to survive my most recent move is a chipped and stained one I bought at a garage sale many years ago.

What is your favorite spot to brew up?
While I absolutely love ordering a pot at a tea shop or cafe and settling down there, I don't do it often enough to call it my go-to. My morning teas take place at home in my kitchen.

May 5th, '17, 20:37

Re: Hello from Fort Collins!

by joelbct » May 5th, '17, 20:37

Cool, welcome. What's SuperTonic?

May 6th, '17, 00:16

by SuperTonic » May 6th, '17, 00:16

joelbct wrote: Cool, welcome. What's SuperTonic?
Me :P

---

Nice to see another Coloradan, Layne! I need to get up to Boulder at some point and try out more of their tea stuff myself.

-SuperTonic

May 6th, '17, 05:57
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » May 6th, '17, 05:57

Welcome Layne! :D

May 6th, '17, 19:22

by Jay_Dee » May 6th, '17, 19:22

SuperTonic wrote:
joelbct wrote: Cool, welcome. What's SuperTonic?
Me :P

---

Nice to see another Coloradan, Layne! I need to get up to Boulder at some point and try out more of their tea stuff myself.

-SuperTonic
They've got quite a few sampler sets and tins that they ship. You mentioned earlier wanting to try more teas, right?

May 7th, '17, 01:11

by SuperTonic » May 7th, '17, 01:11

Jay_Dee wrote: They've got quite a few sampler sets and tins that they ship. You mentioned earlier wanting to try more teas, right?
Yep - I'll make sure to check them out!

-SuperTonic

+ Post Reply