Hello from San Francisco

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

May 9th, '17, 10:37

Hello from San Francisco

by Spatulab » May 9th, '17, 10:37

I'm a guy from the San Francisco Bay Area who has been interested in tea for years but only got bit by the bug early this year. A Phoenix Dancong sample someone gave me made me break out the gaiwans in the back of the closet and go shopping online, a mania that only intensified when I discovered the entire reason I'd never fallen for pu'erh was that I had never tried shengs, only shus.

Right now, I to gravitate to whites, Chinese oolongs (both dancongs and yanchas), and raw pu'erhs, and am figuring out how to brew these all while spending way too many mornings reading discussion boards. Figured that if I started commenting I should introduce myself, too!

May 9th, '17, 11:27
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Hello from San Francisco

by William » May 9th, '17, 11:27

Welcome!

May 9th, '17, 13:05

by kuánglóng » May 9th, '17, 13:05

Welcome, Spetulab!

May 9th, '17, 14:00

by steanze » May 9th, '17, 14:00

Welcome to the forum!!

May 9th, '17, 16:40

by ricegeek » May 9th, '17, 16:40

Welcome, my fellow Bay Area tea drinker! I am based in the East Bay, and get together with a few others in the area at least monthly to drink tea. Drop me a line if you are interested in joining us!

May 10th, '17, 00:50

by Spatulab » May 10th, '17, 00:50

ricegeek wrote: Welcome, my fellow Bay Area tea drinker! I am based in the East Bay, and get together with a few others in the area at least monthly to drink tea. Drop me a line if you are interested in joining us!
Thanks! What days of the week do you tend to gather? And have you been to Sophie's? A friend was telling me that they have spectacular Wuyi oolongs.

May 10th, '17, 02:30

by ricegeek » May 10th, '17, 02:30

Spatulab wrote:
ricegeek wrote: Welcome, my fellow Bay Area tea drinker! I am based in the East Bay, and get together with a few others in the area at least monthly to drink tea. Drop me a line if you are interested in joining us!
Thanks! What days of the week do you tend to gather? And have you been to Sophie's? A friend was telling me that they have spectacular Wuyi oolongs.
We are pretty much exclusively a weekend crew, just because of everyone's schedule. I have Sophie's on my list (the one in Oakland, right?), but haven't been yet. Thanks for the tip, will definitely have to check it out.

+ Post Reply