Sep 7th, '17, 14:35

I introduce myself from Alcoy (Alicante) Spain

by LAC » Sep 7th, '17, 14:35

Hi to all lovers of Te,
I one more but want to learn
of your tips for those who are starting
in this world is so wonderful.

I recently tried Pu-her and left me
with very good flavor, so much that I have hooked.
I have a kettle bought in "Tea & shop" but it is
for several cups.

As I entered teapots, I discovered the artisan "Yi Xing"
now I'm looking for a personal spindle.
The dilemma is where I can buy in Europe, to avoid
customs taxes.

On Ebay I'm following some that come with your seal
of origin and theoretically original, some the price
is shot and others are affordable; the fact is that as
has a preparation from the beginning, like a good shoot,
I would like to know your opinion regarding the option
new or second-hand?

A pleasure to be able to share and acquire sensations, advice,
experiences...

Best regards

Lluis Abad

Pds. my english is not very good, I hope the conversion
Spanish-English is adequate. Thank you

Sep 8th, '17, 06:02

Re: I introduce myself from Alcoy (Alicante) Spain

by LAC » Sep 8th, '17, 06:02

good morning
I present you my favorite mug
for you green tea.
It is a joy its texture,
hergonomics, and savor the
palate.

regards
Lluis Abad

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1y8wneomqk3e2 ... 1.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wpui1dwgty7a ... 2.jpg?dl=0

Sep 8th, '17, 12:31

by victoria3 » Sep 8th, '17, 12:31

Welcome to teachat LAC and happy exploring. Many members sell their yixing pots on teachat, so if you are patient one will come up. Essence of Tea in Malaysia also has excellent selections, and on eBay lukevecent sells yixing although I can't vouch for pots posted there. Sorry I know none of my recommendation are in Europe, except this shop in Poland sometimes carries good yixing Factory pots as well as local artisanal ones;
http://pu-erh.sk/shop/index.php?route=p ... &path=3_67

Sep 8th, '17, 14:32
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Sep 8th, '17, 14:32

Bienvenido a TeaChat! We don't have many members from Spain here, but there are a few tea aficionados in Spain, and I recently met one from Morocco on Facebook. I'll be in Barcelona in October and will be taking tea along and visiting teteria (tea stores) there!

Victoria's advice is right on. Essence of Tea has good pots for sure--modern eBay pots are a bit more varied and some are good while others aren't. I'd suggest a modern red clay pot for sheng pu erh (lukevecent is a good source). Modern purple clay is a little more tricky!

Sep 9th, '17, 11:01

by victoria3 » Sep 9th, '17, 11:01

jayinhk wrote: Bienvenido a TeaChat! We don't have many members from Spain here, but there are a few tea aficionados in Spain, and I recently met one from Morocco on Facebook. I'll be in Barcelona in October and will be taking tea along and visiting teteria (tea stores) there!

Victoria's advice is right on. Essence of Tea has good pots for sure--modern eBay pots are a bit more varied and some are good while others aren't. I'd suggest a modern red clay pot for sheng pu erh (lukevecent is a good source). Modern purple clay is a little more tricky!
I've noticed Barcelona has quite a few new tea shops and enthusiasts too. Very interesting. I lived there for a wonderful 1-1/2 years as a young architect and usually socialized until 2,3am most nights and started working at 9am. Never did figure out how to catch up on sleep since nobody really sleeps during siesta breaks in Barcelona, rather they have lunch and do errands for a few hours. What a great city to live in.

Sep 10th, '17, 06:09

by LAC » Sep 10th, '17, 06:09

victoria3 wrote:
jayinhk wrote: Bienvenido a TeaChat! We don't have many members from Spain here, but there are a few tea aficionados in Spain, and I recently met one from Morocco on Facebook. I'll be in Barcelona in October and will be taking tea along and visiting teteria (tea stores) there!

I've noticed Barcelona has quite a few new tea shops and enthusiasts too. Very interesting. I lived there for a wonderful 1-1/2 years as a young architect and usually socialized until 2,3am most nights and started working at 9am. Never did figure out how to catch up on sleep since nobody really sleeps during siesta breaks in Barcelona, rather they have lunch and do errands for a few hours. What a great city to live in.
Thank you all for welcoming me.

I'm evaluating some possible teapots,
when you can upload images to the forum
I will show you.

Good weekend

Sep 10th, '17, 06:18

by LAC » Sep 10th, '17, 06:18

victoria3 wrote: Welcome to teachat LAC and happy exploring. Many members sell their yixing pots on teachat, so if you are patient one will come up. Essence of Tea in Malaysia also has excellent selections, and on eBay lukevecent sells yixing although I can't vouch for pots posted there. Sorry I know none of my recommendation are in Europe, except this shop in Poland sometimes carries good yixing Factory pots as well as local artisanal ones;
http://pu-erh.sk/shop/index.php?route=p ... &path=3_67
Thank you all for welcoming me.

I'm evaluating some possible teapots,
when you can upload images to the forum
I will show you.

I have contacted David (Malaysia)
I'm shuffling the capacity of 95 ml.
because it's only for me, and I do not know if I go under
to 60-75ml?

This is more difficult than choosing a car,
when you take the driving license

Good weekend :wink: