Matcha

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Mar 16th, '19, 14:25

Matcha

by Cicelyk » Mar 16th, '19, 14:25

Hello! I am pretty new to Adagio.
In addition to some more teas that I ordered this time, I ordered some matcha to try. How do I best use this?
Can you give me some examples of how you enjoy it?

Apr 3rd, '19, 15:10
Mod/Admin

Re: Matcha

by AndrewGC » Apr 3rd, '19, 15:10

Welcome, Cicelyk!

This article is a great way to get started with Matcha! There are MANY ceremonial ways to make it, and the traditional whisked version will always be our favorite! We also love adding matcha powder to our water bottles and shaking it up!

What have you tried so far? Hope to hear back!
Cicelyk wrote: Hello! I am pretty new to Adagio.
In addition to some more teas that I ordered this time, I ordered some matcha to try. How do I best use this?
Can you give me some examples of how you enjoy it?

Jun 5th, '19, 01:48

by ninadpednekar » Jun 5th, '19, 01:48

When I am making Ceremonial Matcha, I like to do it in a traditional way.

For making Matcha lattes, I use Premium grade matcha or higher culinary grade. It is a grade between culinary and Ceremonial. It saves on cost a lot.
I used 1 whole spoon to make the Matcha shot first. Thats what gave it bright green colour.

Jun 20th, '19, 07:16

by matchaoutlet » Jun 20th, '19, 07:16

Matcha, which can have a grassy and bitter taste, is often served with a sweetener or milk. Matcha powder is also popular in smoothies and baking. It can be used with different kind of flavors

Jun 24th, '19, 11:04

by Rocklover » Jun 24th, '19, 11:04

I've been wanting to try matcha, but I'm a little nervous about buying a whole set with the whisk and bowl and all that when I don't know if I'll like it. Is it possible to make good matcha with a kitchen whisk or anything else?

Jun 26th, '19, 13:42

by JRS22 » Jun 26th, '19, 13:42

I consider myself a beginner but I already have a row of empty matcha tins. I began with a kitchen whisk - a delicate silicone latex one. I’m not sure the type of whisk makes that much of a difference in the beginning. You’ll get an idea of the flavor and physical impact even if you don’t achieve a picturesque froth. Now I own a whisk, whisk holder and matcha sifter. I already owned 2 matcha bowls but you can use any rounded bowl that’s large enough for the whisk.

+ Post Reply