Just ordered the starter set...

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Nov 25th, '07, 01:54

Just ordered the starter set...

by harrisonh1 » Nov 25th, '07, 01:54

Hello. So, I just started getting into tea recently and had heard about Adagio, so I decided to go for the starter set. I'm just curious about what some of your favorite teas are and which ones I should try. Also, what is the most relaxing type of tea, in your opinion? Looking forward to trying all of this out!

Nov 25th, '07, 02:29

by tomasini » Nov 25th, '07, 02:29

Ah welcome my new tea friend! Glad to hear you decided to give our little bored a shot!
Adagio has some tasty teas so I'm sure you'll be pleased. What sample set did you get with your starter set, mate? Black? Green ? Flavors? Herbal?

It's hard to pick a single favorite of tea my friend, but I'd have to say either Dragonwell or Jade Oolong but I drink three differant types a day.

And as for the most relaxing....If you're looking for low caffeine your best bet is a white tea or herbal tisane. But depending on how you brew your teas, and if you "wash" your leaves, you can remove most of the caffeine. But if you need to mellow out, try a nice green tea like Dragonwell or Green Anji, or if you wanna go white you can't go wrong with Silverneedle. And if you go herbal, Chamomile, Lavendar, and Passionflower ought to put you down for the night. My favortie for relaxing is passionflower...but warning..its not a pleasant tea if you don't add the honey!

But I hope you enjoy your visit and stay here at TeaChat! Make sure to tell us what you think about your samples when you get them and feel free to ask anything you desire, we'll give our answers best we can =] Again, welcome abored Harrison...

and just out of curiosity...is your name a refrence to the great George Harrison (if so you're cool in my book, George is my favorite beatle)

Nov 25th, '07, 02:38
Scrolling: scrolling

by scruffmcgruff » Nov 25th, '07, 02:38

Well, the washing thing is actually a common misconception– it won't remove that much caffeine– but I second all of Tomasini's other tips. :)

Nov 25th, '07, 02:40

by Space Samurai » Nov 25th, '07, 02:40

Hello and welcome.

I definitely think you should try the Yunnan Gold and the Yunnan Jig; they are excellent black teas.

For relaxation I find that Japanese teas do it for me, so try the kukicha, lower caffiene, higher theanine.

Nov 25th, '07, 03:01

by Wesli » Nov 25th, '07, 03:01

Welcome to the forums harrison!

I enjoy all teas, but at the top of the list is Japanese greens. They provide me with crucial life force energy.

I also find the Fukamushi, a deep steamed variety of Japanese Sencha, to be the most calming tea.

Good luck!

Nov 25th, '07, 10:40

Re: Just ordered the starter set...

by Jindrovi » Nov 25th, '07, 10:40

harrisonh1 wrote:Hello. So, I just started getting into tea recently and had heard about Adagio, so I decided to go for the starter set. I'm just curious about what some of your favorite teas are and which ones I should try. Also, what is the most relaxing type of tea, in your opinion? Looking forward to trying all of this out!
You can try some teabags!!!

http://www.adagio.com/teabags/index.html

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Nov 25th, '07, 11:45

Relaxing

by Trey Winston » Nov 25th, '07, 11:45

In my experience, green tea (sencha in particular) is both soothing and relaxing. It may be psychological, since just preparing the tea just seems to be a relaxing activity. I think it helps to make it into a short ritual of sorts.
Trey

Dec 1st, '07, 09:09

by Chip » Dec 1st, '07, 09:09

Pardon the late welcome!!!

Long Jing is great if you like greens, and a nice starting point for greens.

Sencha can be challenging in may regards, but well worth the effort.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Dec 3rd, '07, 10:47

by fencerdenoctum » Dec 3rd, '07, 10:47

Harrison (not really sure how to shorten that effectively!),

I prefer black teas at the moment. I drink Adagio's Yunnan Jig quite heavily, and am a big fan of their Earl Grey and their Keemun.

Enjoy your tea odyssey!

The Tea Sipping Swordsman,
Fencerdenoctum

+ Post Reply