using quote

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jul 4th, '08, 21:01
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Jul 4th, '08, 21:01

Salsero wrote: But I can't figure out how to make a table in TeaChat. Any thoughts, Ms S-P?
You'd have to get real fancy with the [ code ] [ /code ] and a bunch of <html> and <embed> and <table=blah blah blah> stuff. :twisted:

Did that help?

Jul 4th, '08, 21:10

by Salsero » Jul 4th, '08, 21:10

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: Um... *looks around room* to whom, exactly, are you speaking?
The only one who ever listens: myself!
GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: You'd have to get real fancy with the [ code ] [ /code ] and a bunch of <html> and <embed> and <table=blah blah blah> stuff.
You have real skill at delivering bad news.

Jul 4th, '08, 21:27

by Victoria » Jul 4th, '08, 21:27

Salsero wrote:
Victoria wrote:Right click the quote button of the first person you want to quote
Don't worry, rodstnmn, she's got me roaring too.

OK, Ms Smarty Pants, how can I get a table into a TeaChat post? I got the rating of several teas from several tasters and want to summarize them in a neat post. But I can't figure out how to make a table in TeaChat. Any thoughts, Ms S-P?
No can do. The board does not allow html - there is a "List" function but all it seems to do is indent. Or you can use basic BbCode to enter bullet points.

• Item 1
  • Item 2
  • etc

Jul 4th, '08, 21:44

by Victoria » Jul 4th, '08, 21:44

rodstnmn wrote:
Victoria wrote:Now go back in and take out that last:
Victoria, you had me roaring, and I hate stupid computors and I'm not going to tell any one how long all this took.[/quote]

Yes, but you did not follow instructions! I wanted you to go back and EDIT your post. So you can learn about editing. I was setting you up for your next lesson and you FAILED!

Jul 4th, '08, 22:33

by Geekgirl » Jul 4th, '08, 22:33

FAIL!!1!

:twisted:

Jul 4th, '08, 22:41

by Victoria » Jul 4th, '08, 22:41

Oh no, I think we scared him off. And I still need to teach him how to EDIT and more importantly ----> PREVIEW!!!

Jul 4th, '08, 23:35

by Salsero » Jul 4th, '08, 23:35

Victoria wrote:Oh no, I think we scared him off. And I still need to teach him how to EDIT and more importantly ----> PREVIEW!!!
Spar the RODstnmn and spoil the child!

Jul 4th, '08, 23:53

by rodstnmn » Jul 4th, '08, 23:53

Victoria wrote:
rodstnmn wrote:
Victoria wrote:Now go back in and take out that last:
Victoria, you had me roaring, and I hate stupid computors and I'm not going to tell any one how long all this took.
Yes, but you did not follow instructions! I wanted you to go back and EDIT your post. So you can learn about editing. I was setting you up for your next lesson and you FAILED![/quote]

I might take a look tomorrow. I don't respond very well unless it's in huge capital letters.

Jul 5th, '08, 01:04

by Salsero » Jul 5th, '08, 01:04

rodstnmn wrote:I might take a look tomorrow. I don't respond very well unless it's in huge capital letters.
:lol:

Jul 5th, '08, 01:25

by chamekke » Jul 5th, '08, 01:25

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:
Salsero wrote:
Salsero wrote: Salsero is so cool I wanna bite him!
Well, in all modesty, I have to agree about that one, except for the bite part. I think you may be a little weird, fella.
Um... *looks around room* to whom, exactly, are you speaking?
Hmm. A couple of years ago, on the phenomenal LibraryThing website, I discovered this fantastic new forum called "Introverted in Chicago". It was closed to new members, and had only one active member - the eponymous Introverted. Every single thread consisted of a series of lively, if somewhat tetchy, arguments with himself. (The best of the lot was called "Bush Has Got To Go," in which Introverted really gave himself a hard time.) It was one of the funniest things I've ever read.

Sadly, the forum was deleted shortly after I mentioned it on the Humor forum. Perhaps the problem was that it wasn't actually supposed to be funny... :shock:

Jul 5th, '08, 02:12

by Salsero » Jul 5th, '08, 02:12

chamekke wrote:fantastic new forum called "Introverted in Chicago". ... Perhaps the problem was that it wasn't actually supposed to be funny...
No, it wasn't me, though I live in Chicago in several of my fantasy lives. Maybe it's Russian_Soul. She lives there and she can be very funny.

Jul 5th, '08, 03:16

by Wesli » Jul 5th, '08, 03:16

posts boost

Jul 5th, '08, 08:04

by hop_goblin » Jul 5th, '08, 08:04

My god, who would of ever thought that this tread would recieve more than 50 replies! :wink:

Jul 5th, '08, 11:42

by Wesli » Jul 5th, '08, 11:42

actually hop, it is only a matter of..... ...... so you see it's quite obvious.

post boost

Jul 5th, '08, 12:03

by RussianSoul » Jul 5th, '08, 12:03

Salsero wrote:
chamekke wrote:fantastic new forum called "Introverted in Chicago". ... Perhaps the problem was that it wasn't actually supposed to be funny...
No, it wasn't me, though I live in Chicago in several of my fantasy lives. Maybe it's Russian_Soul. She lives there and she can be very funny.
No, it wasn't me. I wish it was because it sounds hysterical and clever. But we have a few other people living here in Chicago, it must have been them...

+ Post Reply