A Late Hello!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

May 25th, '09, 03:48

A Late Hello!

by emeraldrobot » May 25th, '09, 03:48

Hi Everyone!

I really started just posting entries and didn't really do an entry post and introduced myself the proper way like I should do. I don't do things that way sometimes though...I always start magazines and stuff like that at the end. It made me think that maybe my brain is reverse, and that i'd fit in reading stuff in Japanese. I realized though that when reading things in japanese (since they go back to front, right to left) I always started the japanese magazines from the back. So I guess my brain is wired differently.

There's not much to say. I love tea, and i've been drinking tea since forever. I've been drinking tea somewhat seriously since college, really seriously for not too long. Tea is my current obsession, and I look at tea websites and so on and so forth for hours at a time. I'm going to Japan in a few weeks and i'm really psyched, I've been there before but that was when I was an anime geek. I'm older now and my interests have changed. I'm definitely picking up massive amounts of tea though.

I like most tea, as long as its of good quality. I'll drink the stuff in the bags every now and then because of the sake of ease. I'm focused with green teas, but I just bought some oolong tea and am starting to get back into oolong teas. I like flavored teas sometimes, but am starting to stray away from them. I really don't care for assam tea though.

I'm a geologist and I also have a degree in Japanese. The geology degree comes in handy in my day to day routine, the Japanese well...not so much anymore (besides my focus was on the literature, not so much the language).

I also have a blog, see my profile if you're interested. I'm trying to post a little more to the blog but I sometimes forget to.

I'm really enjoying the threads and whatnot, so here's my happy (yet sleepy) hello!

May 25th, '09, 04:22

by Trey Winston » May 25th, '09, 04:22

Welcome :D
Trey

May 25th, '09, 05:55

by olivierco » May 25th, '09, 05:55

Welcome!

May 25th, '09, 06:39

by cherylopal » May 25th, '09, 06:39

Welcome :)
cheryl :)

May 25th, '09, 11:00
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » May 25th, '09, 11:00

Welcome! Enjoy your trip to Japan!
It will be a whole new world now that you are
into tea. Have a great time!

May 27th, '09, 22:30

by emeraldrobot » May 27th, '09, 22:30

Victoria wrote:Welcome! Enjoy your trip to Japan!
It will be a whole new world now that you are
into tea. Have a great time!
Thanks alot! I can't wait i'm so excited :)

May 28th, '09, 00:39

by MASALACHAAAAIIIIII » May 28th, '09, 00:39

WELCOME FELLOW TEA GEOLOGIST!!!!!!!!! :p
Kinda funny almost the same tea path, but I am a tea newb compared to you!

May 28th, '09, 05:24

by DQBunny » May 28th, '09, 05:24

How many years of study have you done in Japanese? I did two as an undergraduate, and want to take more. I do want to get my master's in museology, but with the foreign language requirements there, I need to take a language that's closer to the areas I want to study.

"Yes, I want to work on medieval European archaeological finds. Yes, I want Japanese to be my foreign language of choice. After all, the Dutch DID go make first contact with the Japanese!"

May 28th, '09, 18:32

by emeraldrobot » May 28th, '09, 18:32

DQBunny wrote:How many years of study have you done in Japanese? I did two as an undergraduate, and want to take more. I do want to get my master's in museology, but with the foreign language requirements there, I need to take a language that's closer to the areas I want to study.

"Yes, I want to work on medieval European archaeological finds. Yes, I want Japanese to be my foreign language of choice. After all, the Dutch DID go make first contact with the Japanese!"
I took three years of Japanese which was the minimum requirement for the major (since I went with a more cultural/literature based track than the language track). I felt with three years of Japanese I was able to understand Japanese pretty well, but people who took four years of Japanese tended to do a little better. I know alot of people who took the three years of japanese, then took a year of classical Japanese, which in your case might help if you're doing stuff involving archeology!

Jun 1st, '09, 08:55
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 1st, '09, 08:55

Hello and a late welcome to you! Did you post your blog in the blog topic under TeaCritic?

Stop by TeaDay and share what is in your cup ...
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jun 2nd, '09, 21:27

by emeraldrobot » Jun 2nd, '09, 21:27

Chip wrote:Hello and a late welcome to you! Did you post your blog in the blog topic under TeaCritic?

Stop by TeaDay and share what is in your cup ...
I can't remember if I did, but if I haven't I will!

+ Post Reply