where to buy good TGY/Iron Goddess in US?

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Aug 29th, '17, 18:55

where to buy good TGY/Iron Goddess in US?

by metamatics » Aug 29th, '17, 18:55

Hi tea lovers. I am wondering where do you guys get good TGY in the states. I got some from amazon and it tastes like piece of crap. I used to bring good TGY from China but now I am out of stock. I don't want to trouble my friend in China so my first choice is to find some in the states.

Sep 23rd, '17, 03:14

Re: where to buy good TGY/Iron Goddess in US?

by pedant » Sep 23rd, '17, 03:14

imho amazon is not a legit place to buy tea from.

what are you willing to spend?

i've had some good stuff from here in the past, but i think it's a bit overpriced:
http://daoistmeditation.com/shop/

i have not recently purchased TGY. maybe someone else can chime in...

Sep 23rd, '17, 03:28

by tingjunkie » Sep 23rd, '17, 03:28

If you want to start at the top... http://www.themandarinstearoom.com/anxi_c_19.html

Sep 23rd, '17, 10:13

by joelbct » Sep 23rd, '17, 10:13

Any opinions on Seven Cups' Jin Guan Yin?

Sep 23rd, '17, 10:52

by Senlin » Sep 23rd, '17, 10:52

joelbct wrote: Any opinions on Seven Cups' Jin Guan Yin?
Hi joelbct :)

I don't know Seven Cups' Tie Guan Yin, but I've tried many of their teas. And all of them were amazing! It is definitively a place you can trust, for they travel in China/Taïwan/Japan/India to select their teas from organic local producers.

From Canada, you also have Camellia Sinensis (Montréal) and Cha-Yi (Gatineau) who are amazingly trustable tea places. They too travel in Asia to check the quality of tea gardens.

Senlin

Sep 24th, '17, 09:47

by Bok » Sep 24th, '17, 09:47

metamatics wrote: Hi tea lovers. I am wondering where do you guys get good TGY in the states. I got some from amazon and it tastes like piece of crap. I used to bring good TGY from China but now I am out of stock. I don't want to trouble my friend in China so my first choice is to find some in the states.
Seems like a better idea to trouble your friend in China... at least you know what you get and can find a way to compensate him/her for the trouble. Better than to spend the mark-up on a business instead of on a friend, isn't it?

Sep 25th, '17, 16:49

by abnyc » Sep 25th, '17, 16:49

metamatics wrote: Hi tea lovers. I am wondering where do you guys get good TGY in the states. I got some from amazon and it tastes like piece of crap. I used to bring good TGY from China but now I am out of stock. I don't want to trouble my friend in China so my first choice is to find some in the states.
I'd go with https://teatrekker.com/product-category ... le-oolong/
(Link is for Anxi TGY, Muzha is on their Taiwanese oolongs page.)

https://tea-drunk.com/tieguanyin/tradit ... e-guan-yin is probably pretty good, though it's expensive.

Sep 28th, '17, 22:18

by debunix » Sep 28th, '17, 22:18

Are you looking for dark/traditional roast, or light/barely roast new style?

Sep 28th, '17, 22:52
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Sep 28th, '17, 22:52

There are many vendors in China who will happily ship to you! I'm in Hong Kong and carry three kinds of tieguanyin on my site, with many more to come!

Oct 1st, '17, 14:55

by MacGuffin » Oct 1st, '17, 14:55

joelbct wrote: Any opinions on Seven Cups' Jin Guan Yin?
It's wonderful. Well worth trying.

Oct 10th, '17, 00:04

by Stephen Clark » Oct 10th, '17, 00:04

I've tried a couple of Seven Cup's Anxi oolongs they have been exceptional. Their Jingaunyin is extremely floral with a nice body, its much less biscuity and creamy then other light roast tiegaunyins that I've had ,but that is made up for by its unbelievably floral character. One down side is that the Jingaunyin does not brew out that long, I usually look for 7-9 solid steeping from tiegaunyin but it falls short at around 5-6. The "Li Li Xiang" from Seven cups is also very nice, I actually prefer it to the Jin :mrgreen:

Jan 6th, '18, 18:25

by thatonebrew » Jan 6th, '18, 18:25

Not sure if you have found a vendor but I am based in the US and have some TGY with me that I purchased in malaysia. It's been my favourite TGY for the past 2 years and I would be happy to share some with you. I also have a packet of TGY from my taiwan supplier of taiwan oolongs that I have yet to try. But his gao shans are amazing so I look forward to trying it when I get back to the US.

Neither of them have an online store but I will be happy to help connect you to them if you wish! They ship to the US!

Jan 7th, '18, 11:18

by quenel » Jan 7th, '18, 11:18

thatonebrew wrote: Not sure if you have found a vendor but I am based in the US and have some TGY with me that I purchased in malaysia. It's been my favourite TGY for the past 2 years and I would be happy to share some with you. I also have a packet of TGY from my taiwan supplier of taiwan oolongs that I have yet to try. But his gao shans are amazing so I look forward to trying it when I get back to the US.

Neither of them have an online store but I will be happy to help connect you to them if you wish! They ship to the US!
what quality of tgy you used to drink?

Jan 8th, '18, 10:43

by 12Tea » Jan 8th, '18, 10:43

I've mixed experiences with US sellers. The more artisan tea focused companies have decent TGY, not that great value. It's better to go for a Chinese seller. Teasenz's TGY is for me one of the best so far: https://www.teasenz.com/anxi-tie-guan-yin-oolong-tea

Jan 8th, '18, 21:13

by Bok » Jan 8th, '18, 21:13

As mentioned above, not in US, but tealife HK’s TGY are quite nice! And probably more authentic than what you can find on the mainland, unless you like the flash green TGY variety…

+ Post Reply