Dan Cong Trouble

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Jan 25th, '10, 12:08
Vendor Member

Re: Dan Cong Trouble

by gingkoseto » Jan 25th, '10, 12:08

Tead Off wrote: I buy most of my tea online from Taiwan, China, & Japan. Cheaper, and, generally higher quality than what is available here. However, there is an abundance of Wuyi here because of CZ people living in Thailand. I have not run across dancong yet. But, tomorrow, I will be doing reconaissance in our Chinatown with Mz5, looking at CZ pots and asking questions.
If you can buy directly in China, I may be able to recommend a few vendors to you. But I am not sure if they will ship overseas. And it also depends on shipping costs. China to Thailand probably is not bad. China to US, the shipping is surely higher than costs of many teas.

Jan 26th, '10, 01:59

by tenuki » Jan 26th, '10, 01:59

ABx wrote:
Tenuki wrote:...don't promote self delusion...
Seems a bit ostentatious to assume that everyone else is deluding themselves because you couldn't get what you wanted from it :)
I'm not going to make a personal attack on _you_ in response, just going to point out that ad hominem arguments can easily be identified for what they are. I am quite happy with my Dan Tchong brewing, thank you very much for you concern.
ABx wrote:
Tenuki wrote:Dan Tchong
Fonetik speling iz kool! But wat about wen ur talking 2 sum1 frum ChaoZhou who sez it like "Dan Song"? An wow do u spell da Cantonese pronounciation of "X" (lik yixing) were they sey it uzing there throat and back teeth?
Just trying to keep people from thinking Dan is King's brother. ;)

I see my comments bothered you, a little too close to home?

Jan 26th, '10, 06:16

by Tead Off » Jan 26th, '10, 06:16

gingko wrote:
Tead Off wrote: I buy most of my tea online from Taiwan, China, & Japan. Cheaper, and, generally higher quality than what is available here. However, there is an abundance of Wuyi here because of CZ people living in Thailand. I have not run across dancong yet. But, tomorrow, I will be doing reconaissance in our Chinatown with Mz5, looking at CZ pots and asking questions.
If you can buy directly in China, I may be able to recommend a few vendors to you. But I am not sure if they will ship overseas. And it also depends on shipping costs. China to Thailand probably is not bad. China to US, the shipping is surely higher than costs of many teas.
Very tea drunk from a day of cruising Chinatown tea shops with Mz5. Dancong problem solved. Drank and bought dancong + other teas from 3 different sellers. The 90 year old tea seller's shop was the last stop. To our surprise, he took us into the backroom and showed his charcoal roasting setup. His dancong is 4 years old. They roast their own teas and blend their Wuyi Shui Xian from aged leaf. 10 years old. They mix 70% larger leaf with 30% tiny buds. Long time family formula. All in all a very interesting and productive day. I learned a lot and got blasted with the strong Chao Zhou teas.

Walking through the open market area in a maze of stalls selling all kinds of things, I bought a bag of huge round, dried, persimmons for the coming Chinese New Year. Hmm.

+ Post Reply