good wuyi vendors online?

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Oct 13th, '09, 16:23

good wuyi vendors online?

by mr. Less » Oct 13th, '09, 16:23

Last time in posted a topic with the question about good tie guan yin vendors online.All the advice helped me alot and i ordered from various sites (wan ling, jing tea shop, dragon tea house....)

a month ago i ordered me some wuyis as well , from teacuppa
it was the first time for me to experiment with these kinds of tea and i really liked them
So i would like to ask the same question again, but this time about some good wuyi vendors online
all comments and or experiences about them are welcome

ps : i know jing tea shop and seven cups hold good teas , but i would also be interested in learning about other decent online shops, especially for wuyi

thanxs guys

Oct 13th, '09, 16:49

Re: good wuyi vendors online?

by AdamMY » Oct 13th, '09, 16:49

I'm still putting together a list, and I guess it also depends on do you like lighter roast or darker roast Wuyi Yancha.

But several names that are often talked about are Jing Tea Shop, Hou De, and Seven Cups... I have yet to try Seven cups, I've was very pleased with the one wuyi I had from Hou De, and the many I have from jing have been diverse but pretty good.

I have also ordered from Tea cuppa, and they are really hit or miss, some better than others.

Andao Tea has a lighter roast then most Jing Tea Shop offerings, but I thought Andao had some good stuff, like their Rou Gui when you hit it right is pretty good, but I have been struggling to get through their Rare Orchid, it is entirely way to floral for me.

And of Course there is The Tea Gallery.

I'd browse for threads on Tea Gallery, Jing Tea Shop, Seven cups, and anything that says wuyi, yancha, or rock oolong.
Last edited by AdamMY on Oct 18th, '09, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.

Oct 13th, '09, 20:26

by TokyoB » Oct 13th, '09, 20:26

mr. Less wrote:Last time in posted a topic with the question about good tie guan yin vendors online.All the advice helped me alot and i ordered from various sites (wan ling, jing tea shop, dragon tea house....)

a month ago i ordered me some wuyis as well , from teacuppa
it was the first time for me to experiment with these kinds of tea and i really liked them
So i would like to ask the same question again, but this time about some good wuyi vendors online
all comments and or experiences about them are welcome

ps : i know jing tea shop and seven cups hold good teas , but i would also be interested in learning about other decent online shops, especially for wuyi

thanxs guys
mr. Less,
Tell us what you ordered from Teacuppa and how you liked it (please!).

For Wuyi yancha I also go to Jing Tea Shop and Seven Cups as well as Andao and HouDe. My favorite was the DHP from HouDe. Guang from HouDe said they should post new Wuyi's soon. They currently only have one.
Thanks.

Oct 13th, '09, 20:57

by Maitre_Tea » Oct 13th, '09, 20:57

TeaCuppa offers a great selection, and their quality isn't half bad. You can do better in terms of quality, but the price is right for most of their teas. Recently tried a few samples of available Shui Jin Gui, and the Jing one has been my favorite so far. Tea Gallery is nice, I especially like the Shi Lan, and the 100 Year Tree stands out because the cha qi is great (and I'm pretty serious about it when I say it has cha qi). I've had a good number of their yancha, and it seems like they're all variations on a theme...like the same kind of base aroma/flavor, but with a different twist on it. Don't mean it in a negative way though...I would say that their yancha are a solid choice.

By far, one of the best yancha that I've tasted comes from Cloudwalker Teas, their Rou Gui (Cinnabar) is amazing. I've heard that his other offerings are so-so, but others may want to elaborate on it. The prices are pretty darn steep, but it's in Canadian dollars, and it's only a few dollars more than the Tea Gallery's yancha offerings...and it pretty much blows them all out of the water.

Here's the link on the Cloudwalker Teas:
http://www.cloudwalkerteas.com/product/SPC-007

Oct 14th, '09, 01:36

by Oni » Oct 14th, '09, 01:36

I am interested in DHP as well, I tried Teasprings traditional and Jing teashops seasonal, which are basic grade, I have cha wang grade and diao yu ... higher grades, I suggest you order samples from many vendors, and compare, buy in larger quantity the one you liked best.

Oct 14th, '09, 02:58

by mr. Less » Oct 14th, '09, 02:58

mr. Less,
Tell us what you ordered from Teacuppa and how you liked it (please!).

For Wuyi yancha I also go to Jing Tea Shop and Seven Cups as well as Andao and HouDe. My favorite was the DHP from HouDe. Guang from HouDe said they should post new Wuyi's soon. They currently only have one.
Thanks.[/quote]

well i ordered their bai ji quan, their shui jin gui and their rou gui.i really liked their bai ji guan, the other two were also good but sometimes with mixed results, probably because of my beginner brewing skills.

yesterday i had some wuyis from sevencups (imperial meizhan 2008, lao cong sx 2008, and the tieluo han 2007)

the first thing i noticed was that these wuyis were much lighter than the wuyis from teacuppa
the meizhan was very nice the first two infusions, but quickly faded
i expected the tie luo han to be quite heavy , but this one was rather light as well.today i will try the lao cong sx

and yeah maitre i will take a look at that link of yours :D

ah ps could it be that tea gallery doesnt ship to europe
i tried to order from them but i couldnt fill in my shipping country :(

Oct 14th, '09, 12:52

by tenuki » Oct 14th, '09, 12:52

Check out my review of the seven cups wuyi sampler. Might be a good starting point.

Oct 14th, '09, 13:05

by Maitre_Tea » Oct 14th, '09, 13:05

mr. Less wrote:Guang from HouDe said they should post new Wuyi's soon.
:D One of my favorite yancha came courtesy from Hou De, their Rou Gui, and I've heard pretty good things about their Bai Ji Guan. I was sad to see most of their yancha selection diminish, but I'm looking forward to his offerings of yancha if they're coming soon.

This might be good to read over, it's a comprehensive overview of different Rou Gui selections, but some things will have changed such as new harvests and stuff, which may not be consistent.
http://abx-tea.blogspot.com/2007/08/rou ... athon.html

Yancha is one of my first and strongest passions in tea, and I'm always on the lookout for good offerings from vendors. Concerning shipping to Europe, you can always email The Tea Gallery. They're pretty prompt (replying within 24 hours or so), and if you ask they might point you in the right direction.

Oct 14th, '09, 13:52

by Zanaspus » Oct 14th, '09, 13:52

My favorites are;
1) Jing
2) Jing
3) Jing

:P

Oct 16th, '09, 05:20
Scrolling: scrolling

by Herb_Master » Oct 16th, '09, 05:20

Zanaspus wrote:My favorites are;
1) Jing
2) Jing
3) Jing

Do you mean Jing, http://jingtea.com/

or do you mean Jing Tea Shop http://www.jingteashop.com/ :?:

Oct 16th, '09, 10:45

by Maitre_Tea » Oct 16th, '09, 10:45

Herb_Master wrote:
Zanaspus wrote:My favorites are;
1) Jing
2) Jing
3) Jing

Do you mean Jing, http://jingtea.com/

or do you mean Jing Tea Shop http://www.jingteashop.com/ :?:
I think whenever "Jing" is referred to here, it's pretty much always referring to Jing Tea Shop, and not the Jing in the UK

Oct 16th, '09, 22:02

by Zanaspus » Oct 16th, '09, 22:02

Maitre_Tea wrote:
I think whenever "Jing" is referred to here, it's pretty much always referring to Jing Tea Shop, and not the Jing in the UK
Yep.

Oct 18th, '09, 09:44

by brad4419 » Oct 18th, '09, 09:44

+1 jingteashop

I haven't tried oolongs from any other dealers mentioned here but I really liked Jingteashops wuyi. I also liked floatingleaves wuyi but its more expensive.

Dec 4th, '09, 19:58

by brad4419 » Dec 4th, '09, 19:58

As I posted above I love jingteashops wuyi's but the one complaint I have is that they don't specify the roast levels in there descriptions such as light,medium, heavy. They will say roasted on fire or even say roasted for like 6 hours but what the heck does that mean?

Does anyone know the roast levels for these jingteashop offerings?

Seasonal Da Hong Pao
Qi Lan
Fo Shou
Traditional Wu Yi Shui Xian
Rou Gui
Xiao Hong Pao

Dec 4th, '09, 23:19
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Dec 4th, '09, 23:19

I like TeaCuppa's Da Ye Wuyi, but it's very light and mild.
Probably why I like it. :)

+ Post Reply