Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.


User avatar
Feb 23rd, '10, 19:15
Posts: 8107
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 06:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Contact: Victoria

Re: What Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by Victoria » Feb 23rd, '10, 19:15

Looks good Brandon. I myself am doing some low fire Anxi. :)

User avatar
Feb 23rd, '10, 19:50
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sep 25th, '07, 19:51
Scrolling: scrolling
Contact: brandon

Re: What Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by brandon » Feb 23rd, '10, 19:50

Victoria wrote:Looks good Brandon. I myself am doing some low fire Anxi. :)
I'll finally straighten you out one of these days...

User avatar
Feb 23rd, '10, 19:58
Posts: 8107
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 06:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Contact: Victoria

Re: What Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by Victoria » Feb 23rd, '10, 19:58

brandon wrote:
Victoria wrote:Looks good Brandon. I myself am doing some low fire Anxi. :)
I'll finally straighten you out one of these days...
Or I you. :wink:

User avatar
Feb 27th, '10, 12:57
Posts: 797
Joined: Feb 1st, '09, 20:31
Location: Columbus, Ohio

Re: What Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by brad4419 » Feb 27th, '10, 12:57

It seems many people are enjoying tie guan yin and now Im joining the club today with some anxi-tie guan yin from jingteashop. I like tie guan yin but It just doesn't stand out as a favorite. I would prefer a wuyi or high mt. oolong. Maybe I just haven't found the right one yet.

User avatar
Feb 27th, '10, 14:52
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sep 25th, '07, 19:51
Scrolling: scrolling
Contact: brandon

Re: What Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by brandon » Feb 27th, '10, 14:52

brad4419 wrote:It seems many people are enjoying tie guan yin and now Im joining the club today with some anxi-tie guan yin from jingteashop. I like tie guan yin but It just doesn't stand out as a favorite. I would prefer a wuyi or high mt. oolong. Maybe I just haven't found the right one yet.
http://www.theteagallery.com/Iron_Bodhi ... of-cib.htm

User avatar
Feb 27th, '10, 18:52
Posts: 92
Joined: Feb 1st, '09, 15:03

Re: What Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by JustinW » Feb 27th, '10, 18:52

brandon wrote:
brad4419 wrote:It seems many people are enjoying tie guan yin and now Im joining the club today with some anxi-tie guan yin from jingteashop. I like tie guan yin but It just doesn't stand out as a favorite. I would prefer a wuyi or high mt. oolong. Maybe I just haven't found the right one yet.
http://www.theteagallery.com/Iron_Bodhi ... of-cib.htm
I have some of this one, and found it to be lack luster, which just can't be right. I'm going to brew some right now. I'll report back...

User avatar
Feb 27th, '10, 23:11
Posts: 8107
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 06:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Contact: Victoria

Re: What Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by Victoria » Feb 27th, '10, 23:11

How are you brewing the TGY? Up the temp!!

User avatar
Feb 28th, '10, 11:06
Posts: 92
Joined: Feb 1st, '09, 15:03

Re: What Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by JustinW » Feb 28th, '10, 11:06

Hi Victoria. I'm using boiling water, and a lot of leaf. This time it was better, but I still feel I'm not getting the best out of it.

I've had better luck with their cheaper 'Gongfu'.

Feb 28th, '10, 11:26
Posts: 53
Joined: May 28th, '09, 13:27
Scrolling: fixed
Location: PNW USA

Re: What Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by xmfi » Feb 28th, '10, 11:26

Winter Dong Ding special roast from Floating Leaves Tea. I'm a fan. :)

User avatar
Feb 28th, '10, 11:43
Posts: 8107
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 06:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Contact: Victoria

Re: What Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by Victoria » Feb 28th, '10, 11:43

JustinW wrote:Hi Victoria. I'm using boiling water, and a lot of leaf. This time it was better, but I still feel I'm not getting the best out of it.

I've had better luck with their cheaper 'Gongfu'.
Oh I see, too bad. Most of the TGY I have had from them was through the Anxi tasting sets and everything was off the charts.

Feb 28th, '10, 14:37
Posts: 515
Joined: Dec 26th, '08, 18:21
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact: bsteele

Re: What Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by bsteele » Feb 28th, '10, 14:37

In my cup: Zhu Shan Jin Xuan from Tea from Taiwan

User avatar
Feb 28th, '10, 17:50
Posts: 8107
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 06:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Contact: Victoria

Re: What Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by Victoria » Feb 28th, '10, 17:50

Ok well ... I had some 2007 Winter Petals - DaYuLing from Hou De in my saved stash. It was vacuum sealed and then also inside a foil pack as is their norm. It has been stored cool, dark and dry. Not that I really expected it to survive, but I was hoping. It is definitely drinkable but a bit flat and no real oomph. What a waste. The sad part is, there's more where that came from.

Feb 28th, '10, 23:38
Posts: 1280
Joined: May 9th, '09, 15:59

Re: What Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by shah82 » Feb 28th, '10, 23:38

That is why I'm primarily a hongcha drinker, even after having a fabulous session of Lin Hai Pan Hao from Teaspring. I just don't drink tea fast enough and I've lost a bunch of greener teas to staleness. Most fully fermented tea only get so stale and last more than a year of intermittant usage.

User avatar
Feb 28th, '10, 23:54
Posts: 8107
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 06:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Contact: Victoria

Re: What Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by Victoria » Feb 28th, '10, 23:54

Yeah, no one told me that back in Jan '08 while I was racing around with my hair on fire buying up every oolong in sight. Not that I would have listened. :shock:

User avatar
Mar 1st, '10, 11:15
Posts: 69
Joined: Oct 1st, '09, 10:14
Location: Burlington, VT

Re: What Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by spittingoutteeth » Mar 1st, '10, 11:15

Drinking an unroasted Dong Ding from Dobra Tea. It's almost a year old now but has remarkably kept its flavor.

+ Post Reply