Jing tea shop seasonal Da Hong Pao

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Jun 3rd, '10, 17:44

Re: Jing tea shop seasonal Da Hong Pao

by entropyembrace » Jun 3rd, '10, 17:44

yes floating leaves tea´s taiwan wuyi is definitely a Baozhong...only thing that makes it wuyi is the variety of the bush.

Jun 3rd, '10, 18:00

by teaisme » Jun 3rd, '10, 18:00

so is the buddha hand and shuixian a baozong too with just made with those specific wuyi cultivars?
Pretty new to boazongs so what makes a baozong a baozong?

Jun 3rd, '10, 19:39

by entropyembrace » Jun 3rd, '10, 19:39

churng wrote:so is the buddha hand and shuixian a baozong too with just made with those specific wuyi cultivars?
It´s grown in Taiwan, rolled into strips not balls and is very lightly oxidized...less than 20%

usually Baozhong isn´t made from wuyi cultivars but the 2008 Taiwan Wuyi was specifically described as being processed as a Baozhong.

I don´t think either the Buddha Hand or Shuixian are processed that way.

Jun 3rd, '10, 20:13

by wyardley » Jun 3rd, '10, 20:13

entropyembrace wrote:
churng wrote:so is the buddha hand and shuixian a baozong too with just made with those specific wuyi cultivars?
It´s grown in Taiwan, rolled into strips not balls and is very lightly oxidized...less than 20%
I know a lot of websites describe baozhong that way, and I guess it's true that this is the style that baozhongs are typically made in these days, but I think that has more to do with the style of tea that is popular in Taiwan than anything else. If you try aged baozhongs, the oxidation and roast are typically higher.

Jun 3rd, '10, 20:54
Vendor Member

by TIM » Jun 3rd, '10, 20:54

boazong is a cultivar originated from Wuyi, using wuyi oolong wiry process. Buddha hand is a cultivar from Anxi, which most modern Taiwanese tea cultivars are originaly from, call Min Nan tea, rolled style processing. Shuixian is a much border cultivar, from Wuyi to Anxi and Feung huang area. Usually process as wiry style like the Wuyi Yancha. Roasting level is a whole other topics. :wink:

Jul 25th, '10, 04:45

by NOESIS » Jul 25th, '10, 04:45

I quit like their seasonal DHP as well. Have had the "Imperial" grade too, and it is a rare treat. But as far a Wuyi's go, I've gotta say that I prefer the Tie Luo Han and the Shui Jin Gui varietals over the DHP. A bit more interesting/complex flavors develop over the course of a gong fu session with those two.

+ Post Reply