Need gift idea

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Oct 13th, '11, 15:13

Need gift idea

by DarkenedSun » Oct 13th, '11, 15:13

I'm trying to figure out a good oolong to give someone as a going away gift. I just found out they love tea, especially oolong, and I wanted to send them off with something nice. I'd love to hear your suggestions on what you think would be good for gifting.

Oct 13th, '11, 17:55

Re: Need gift idea

by teaisme » Oct 13th, '11, 17:55

any idea how they brew(quantity, steeps, water, teaware, kettle, water)?
What they are drinking now? How much you are willing to spend etc etc

Oct 13th, '11, 18:13

by DarkenedSun » Oct 13th, '11, 18:13

teaisme wrote:any idea how they brew(quantity, steeps, water, teaware, kettle, water)?
What they are drinking now? How much you are willing to spend etc etc
I'm guessing that they brew in the more western style as I was informed they have a treasured brown betty teapot. I'm not sure how they will brew once they move, but they use bottled water right now and I see them drinking from a coffee cup. I asked what kind of oolong they were drinking and the answer I got was "just regular oolong." whatever the heck that means... I'm thinking I would like to keep the purchase under 50usd.

Oct 18th, '11, 16:42

by teaisme » Oct 18th, '11, 16:42

seems pretty open to me
Maybe they would appreciate a variety instead of just one or two teas. Plus if one doesn't brew well with their setup hopefully another will.

I would stick with a good variety of unique tastes and buy teas that aren't too pricey/oz. The taiwanese oolong sampler at floating leaves tea is pretty varied in that regard. Then you can throw in a keemun, a green tgy, silver needle, and an oz of four seasons something like that...

That won't go over 50. Or you could do a variety of samples from jing tea shop (I would rather do this personally, but takes longer). The everyday dancong, dragonwell, and red tea sampler may please them. Also the seasonal dhp. That would be about $50 after shipping and plenty of tea! Or simply just a variety of different oolongs in 25g samples would be nice. Also teaspring seems very good for variety of 25g samples and shipping is cheap. Just have to wait for slow mail.

Sounds like your friend will enjoy any of these options. :mrgreen:

Nov 19th, '17, 21:18

by LadyJ » Nov 19th, '17, 21:18

DarkenedSun wrote: I'm trying to figure out a good oolong to give someone as a going away gift. I just found out they love tea, especially oolong, and I wanted to send them off with something nice. I'd love to hear your suggestions on what you think would be good for gifting.
Taiwan high mountain oolong tea and pineapple cake!! :D

Nov 19th, '17, 22:35

by john.b » Nov 19th, '17, 22:35

Did a bot just re-awaken this topic? I'm going to go out on a limb here and recommend that tea would make a nice gift.

Nov 20th, '17, 15:08

by dizzo » Nov 20th, '17, 15:08

:lol:

+ Post Reply