Dragon Tea House Da Hong Pao *Sale*

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

May 10th, '12, 11:44

Re: Dragon Tea House Da Hong Pao *Sale*

by BrooklynBrew » May 10th, '12, 11:44

I went ahead and ordered 100g of this (figured the extra $3 difference between the 50g and the 100g is enough to justify the risk that I may really like this and would kick myself if I only bought 50g). I have never had Da Hong Pao and I am a relative tea newbie so I'm sure this won't be too disappointing. How does this compare to Adagio's darker oolong offerings (like Wuyi Ensemble and Fujian Rain?). That's the only basis for comparison I have with this tea ... and I just developed a taste for these after brewing them in a Gaiwan.

May 10th, '12, 11:59

by Poohblah » May 10th, '12, 11:59

It should be pretty similar. DHP is a Wuyi oolong.

May 10th, '12, 12:58

by BrooklynBrew » May 10th, '12, 12:58

Awesome! I'll be happy then. :-)

May 30th, '12, 22:41

by BrooklynBrew » May 30th, '12, 22:41

I just got my shipment of this . . . and while I agree that it isn't as intense as the Fujian Rain tea I got from Adagio, I have to say for the insanely small price I paid for 100 grams, it's delicious. I was expecting it to have nothing interesting going on, but it's pretty okay in my book. . . then again I'm a newbie and not super well versed in Oolongs, but I'm pretty happy I bought this.

Dec 16th, '17, 07:01

by adararussell » Dec 16th, '17, 07:01

I recommend you to go through the internet search. There are many websites available which can be useful to you in finding a suitable place in your area.

Dec 17th, '17, 10:53

by quenel » Dec 17th, '17, 10:53

MrMang wrote: Hey Guys,

I'm new to teachat and have immensely enjoyed the vast amount of knowledge shared by my fellow teachatters. As such I felt compelled to share something I stumbled upon on ebay tonight. I must say that I am unfamiliar with the Dragon Tea House, however I am pretty familiar with a good quality Da Hong Pao.

A quick Ebay search of "Da Hong Pao" gave me a link to DTH's Da Hong Pao which I noticed is currently on sale. I personally went for the 250g / 12.99$ deal, which seems pretty dang good. Again I don't know what the original price they list their DHP, nor the quality of DTH teas, however I figured it was worth a shot. Anyone that is familiar with Dragon Tea House's Da Hong Pao, feel free to chime in, in this regard. Hopefully some of you WuYi lovers will be able to take advantage of this.

Happy Tea Moments,
Mr. M
At this price, DHP cannot be the supreme one. If you ever had good one, you d notice the difference immediately when you do the first infusion.

Dec 27th, '17, 10:53

by quenel » Dec 27th, '17, 10:53

Poohblah wrote: Sorry, I didn't mean to provoke such a response. Just wanted to point out that $12/250g tea, especially DHP, likely won't be "high quality."
Agreed

+ Post Reply