About Gaoshan from Teamasters

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Oct 12th, '15, 04:51

About Gaoshan from Teamasters

by Oni » Oct 12th, '15, 04:51

I have made a recent order from Teamasters, and I only tried 2 teas sofar and they are amazing, I was really impressed with Alishan Tie Guan Yin, it is a very interesting tea, it is more high mountain taiwanese oolong, but with the cultivar and intoxicating depth of flavour and long finish, excelent hui gan and chaxi, it is a great tea.
I have not made a post in a long time, because I was not impressed with the teas I was drinking, and I found nothing to share with the community, but it is strange how a single session of tea can have a lasting good impression and made my passion for tea come back.
It is starting to get expensive to drink good tea, and it is rare too, I have a few tea vendors I trust with my teas, usually I order Japanese tea from Horaido, Wu Yi yancha from essenceoftea, now my nr. 1 vendor for Taiwanese teaz is Teamasters, and I need to mention Hojotea, it is expensive but a great source for high quality tea.
About the Alishan Tie Guan Yin I will post pictures once I get to have another session.

Oct 12th, '15, 08:36
Vendor Member

Re: About Gaoshan from Teamasters

by ethan » Oct 12th, '15, 08:36

Oni, I believe posts about bad tea & bad value for $ are also useful. Helps us all from wasting $. Thanks for this post.

Oct 13th, '15, 23:53

by pedant » Oct 13th, '15, 23:53

thanks for the review, i will have to try them some time. never heard of them.
hey, what's their website?
tea-masters.com ?

Oct 14th, '15, 04:59

by kuánglóng » Oct 14th, '15, 04:59

pedant wrote:thanks for the review, i will have to try them some time. never heard of them.
hey, what's their website?
tea-masters.com ?
I'd guess it's http://www.tea-masters.com/en/ - Stephane's shop.
I'm tempted to order some of his Oolongs, but I'm on the road at the moment and the customs procedures over here are a real pain in the ....

Oct 21st, '15, 06:10

by Oni » Oct 21st, '15, 06:10

Customs suck where I live too, but I can take it for tea.
Their Da Yu Ling winter from last year and this years 100k spring is phenomenal, truly the best, smoother and deeper taste than other high mountain oolongs I have tried.
But still that Alishan TGY impressed me, and nowdays it is rare for a tea to do that, it was like more than what I expected, because I have high expectations from DYL teas, I know I will get good results, but it is better when a tea just surprizes me.

Oct 23rd, '15, 16:00

by cherrybridge » Oct 23rd, '15, 16:00

Oct 26th, '15, 03:57

by Jaymo » Oct 26th, '15, 03:57

cherrybridge wrote:Does this website help?
http://www.craftoftea.com/collections/traditional
No.

Oct 26th, '15, 14:06

by Frisbeehead » Oct 26th, '15, 14:06

cherrybridge wrote:Does this website help?
http://www.craftoftea.com/collections/traditional
Not so sure about that store. They don't mention when the tea was harvested, where its from, etc.. The "sencha" they have listed is from China. Plus it looks like they include specific health benefits with their tea descriptions (their pu-erh="skinny tea"), which always kinda turns me off to the store. It makes it seem like they're target audience is the people that buy into the purported specific health benefits of different teas. Like white tea for this, black tea for that, etc.

No thanks.

+ Post Reply