Yancha brick.

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Dec 17th 15 10:39 pm
Posts: 8
Joined: Dec 4th 15 5:18 am

Yancha brick.

by Chargerucd » Dec 17th 15 10:39 pm

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has ever tried the Yancha bricks or cakes.
I was wanting to try this one, but I was wondering if any body here has tried it or any similar.
http://www.dragonteahouse.biz/wuyi-star ... long-200g/

Thanks for the comments.

User avatar
Dec 18th 15 1:58 am
Posts: 106
Joined: Aug 27th 11 11:44 am
Location: Malmö

Re: Yancha brick.

by Math » Dec 18th 15 1:58 am

I'm having such a strong urge to get my hands on a kitkat bar shui xian. But they don't seem to make these goodies anymore. :(

User avatar
Dec 18th 15 2:01 am
Posts: 106
Joined: Aug 27th 11 11:44 am
Location: Malmö

Re: Yancha brick.

by Math » Dec 18th 15 2:01 am

Math wrote:I'm having such a strong urge to get my hands on a kitkat bar shui xian. But they don't seem to make these goodies anymore. :(
[edit] So this is some form of kitkat bar yancha aftr all! I should pick one up in the nearest!

User avatar
Dec 18th 15 7:00 am
Posts: 2056
Joined: Jan 12th 07 1:47 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Yancha brick.

by wyardley » Dec 18th 15 7:00 am

I have some of the "kit-kat" shuixian that BTH and some of their students sold. 90sish, I think. It's not going to be the most complex tea, but usually pretty smooth.

dancong and yancha are also sometimes compressed into pomelo skin for medicinal purposes (i.e., stomach problems, etc.).

User avatar
Dec 18th 15 7:14 am
Posts: 4583
Joined: Apr 1st 09 4:48 am
Location: Bangkok

Re: Yancha brick.

by Tead Off » Dec 18th 15 7:14 am

wyardley wrote:I have some of the "kit-kat" shuixian that BTH and some of their students sold. 90sish, I think. It's not going to be the most complex tea, but usually pretty smooth.

dancong and yancha are also sometimes compressed into pomelo skin for medicinal purposes (i.e., stomach problems, etc.).
The Koreans compress balhyocha into citron. Same principle.

Dec 27th 15 3:33 pm
Posts: 33
Joined: Jul 29th 15 7:28 pm

Re: Yancha brick.

by MarcusReed » Dec 27th 15 3:33 pm

Chargerucd wrote:Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has ever tried the Yancha bricks or cakes.
I was wanting to try this one, but I was wondering if any body here has tried it or any similar.
http://www.dragonteahouse.biz/wuyi-star ... long-200g/

Thanks for the comments.
Yea I have tried them pretty extensively.

A little tricky to get going as the one i'm experienced with is quite compressed, but it has a nice flavor profile compared to loose leaf DaHongPao.
I use a 15 second wash followed by a 20 rest rest, with one last, "long" 30 second wash to fully open the brick with the first infusion following immediately after the final wash.
The idea that the brick gets better with age is also very intriguing.