Fu Shou Shan 2017, reality & sanity check

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Nov 21st, '16, 23:58
Vendor Member

Re: Fu Shou Shan 2017, reality & sanity check

by jayinhk » Nov 21st, '16, 23:58

ethan wrote:Mix-up here. Quote attributed to me about FSS not from me. I never had a tin of it. Thread was started to decide whether I should pre-order some.
Yes he was quoting me. Not sure what happened there :lol:

Nov 22nd, '16, 01:06

by Bok » Nov 22nd, '16, 01:06

bagua7 wrote: Awesome tea, thanks heaps again to our kyarazen brother for sourcing this tea to our small online community. I have to say the quality is on a par with Tony's Dayuling and Alishan I purchased 3 years ago (or even better! I jay can't really recall it right now, it has been a bit too long since then).
if FSS is not better than Alishan, then it probably isn’t FSS! Apples and bananas.
bagua7 wrote: Hey, have you tried brewing this particular oolong in a thin walled tallish zhuni (or straight to gaiwan to be perfectly safe)? Definitively fresh is the main note but also a hint of loquat and white grapes. Delicious tea which suits perfectly in Queensland's (Aust.)
subtropical climate.
I would not recommend tallish tea pot shapes (in general- and specifically) for Taiwanese rolled oolongs, tall shapes do not let the tea expand freely, perfectly round or lower profiles usually work better.

Took me some time to abandon the tall pots as I find them visually pleasing, but in the end only the taste of the tea matters!

Dec 30th, '16, 03:43
Vendor Member

by ethan » Dec 30th, '16, 03:43

Finally got to taste Fu Shou Shan. Everything good said about it on teachat seems quite on point. I won't add to it. I could have bought 1 or 2 75-gram tins. I honestly don't know whether I would have bought 1 tin, if I had splurged on a teapot yesterday. I do know that after thinking much too much about what to buy & not to buy etc. etc., I find myself comfortable w/ financial limits & my decisions.

May 2nd, '20, 12:08

by Jason19870313 » May 2nd, '20, 12:08

ethan wrote: I did not think about Fu Shou Shan until Kyarazen's distribution of it & the very positive reviews of it by teachatters who got some through him. In January 2016 while in Taiwan, I had been shown pretty tins of superior government tea; but I stopped vendors from telling me about it once I saw no tin was being opened to prepare a sample for me.

Because people were so happy with the Fu Shou Shan, I've been looking for it here in Taiwan. It is hard to find. The one vendor that had the pretty box w/ 2 75-gram tins inside it, was not selling that box. In fact he was not even taking orders for this winter's Fu Shou Shan since his allotment already was promised to various customers.

The reality check, for lack of a better phrase, is how good can this tea be? Those that love it, I ask you, has no other tea of this type been as good for you?

The sanity check is that I can order some Spring 2017 Fu Shou Shan. It is expensive & of course cannot be tasted. That seems crazy to me; yet, it might be a bit crazy not to order what is so hard to get. I did not even get the price, which will be higher than the Spring of 2016.

Your advice & opinions are requested. Since I took the trouble to learn proper pronunciation, fu show shahn, I am serious in my questions & consideration about ordering; & (at least for a while) away from my old self, who tastes what is in his sight to decide which teas to purchase.
I try fushoushan tea. I think it is better quality than dayuling tea. I mean better taste. I bought from government farm and private farm. Both is good quality

Jun 27th, '20, 16:52

by bagua7 » Jun 27th, '20, 16:52

Jason19870313 wrote:I bought from government farm and private farm. Both is good quality
Is it possible to buy this oolong online? If so care to share a link that has an English version?

Thanks in advance.

+ Post Reply