Vendors - Taiwanese Oolong

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Feb 1st, '17, 19:29

Vendors - Taiwanese Oolong

by Noonie » Feb 1st, '17, 19:29

What vendors are you buying your high mountain oolong from (lately)? I've only used Tea from Taiwan. They're fine, but I wanted to know if some other reliable sources for good quality/price. I'm familiar with the TeaDB article, but it's a few years old.

Feb 1st, '17, 20:39

Re: Vendors - Taiwanese Oolong

by victoria3 » Feb 1st, '17, 20:39

Noonie wrote:What vendors are you buying your high mountain oolong from (lately)? I've only used Tea from Taiwan. They're fine, but I wanted to know if some other reliable sources for good quality/price. I'm familiar with the TeaDB article, but it's a few years old.
Might depend on what you are looking for in a High Mountain Oolong. My favorite vendors for Taiwan oolongs right now are;
Chen Hua Yin, a Taiwanese farmer with a century old farm in Lugu Township who makes top quality roasted oolongs; Medium Roasted DongDing, Charcoal Roasted DaYuLin and an a great everyday Roasted High Mountain, plus LiShan, Oriental Beauty, Shanlinxi, Alishan etc. Some of the teas are from other select single source farmers he knows who also practise traditional methods. Kyarazen connected us with him. You can contact him directly via Facebook at; 薪誠坊/百年茶園/凍頂烏龍專賣店 and message him through Facebook for ordering;

https://www.facebook.com/%E8%96%AA%E8%A ... 529387740/

In the USA I enjoy Floating Leaves out of Seattle. Shiuwen, the owner, shares my love of full bodied oolongs, her LiShan's are super smooth and buttery rich.

Many other very good vendors; Mountain Tea in Taiwan, Norbu in Texas....

+ Post Reply