Dragon Tea House oolong roundup!

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

May 6th, '17, 19:22

Dragon Tea House oolong roundup!

by devites » May 6th, '17, 19:22

I recently ordered, ali shan, Li shan and the Dong ding from the company Dragon Tea House. The ali shan was fantastic, a great floral tea with great high mountain flavour! The li shan was decent, but a little weak in flavour, nowhere near as good as Floating Leaves' li shan. and the dong ding really is crap. To be honest, I think it's a fake one, and the li shan might be fake to. They seem to be very generic tasting oolong, nothing special! Just putting it out there!

I ordered from this vendor to get some cheap deals on oolongs. I think with oolongs you pay for quality and I venture to guess it isn't uncommon for chinese oolongs or low-grade taiwanese oolong to be rolled u and sold as high mountain!

This is just my opinion! Any one else have an opinion on this vendor? or on where to pickup high quality oolongs!?

May 7th, '17, 03:04

Re: Dragon Tea House oolong roundup!

by Ofek Nagar » May 7th, '17, 03:04

devites wrote: I recently ordered, ali shan, Li shan and the Dong ding from the company Dragon Tea House. The ali shan was fantastic, a great floral tea with great high mountain flavour! The li shan was decent, but a little weak in flavour, nowhere near as good as Floating Leaves' li shan. and the dong ding really is crap. To be honest, I think it's a fake one, and the li shan might be fake to. They seem to be very generic tasting oolong, nothing special! Just putting it out there!

I ordered from this vendor to get some cheap deals on oolongs. I think with oolongs you pay for quality and I venture to guess it isn't uncommon for chinese oolongs or low-grade taiwanese oolong to be rolled u and sold as high mountain!

This is just my opinion! Any one else have an opinion on this vendor? or on where to pickup high quality oolongs!?
I don't really like Dragon Tea House, IMHO their green teas are very low quality... Haven't ordered one of their oolongs yet, though..
For Chinese oolongs I order from Yunnan sourcing, for Taiwanese oolongs I order from Taiwan Sourcing.. Great sources!

May 7th, '17, 05:50

by victoria3 » May 7th, '17, 05:50

For LiShan I go to Té company & Floating Leaves. DongDing from Hau Ying Chen. Bargain hunting can after the exploration cost quit a bit more :D

May 7th, '17, 09:33

by joelbct » May 7th, '17, 09:33

Haven't ordered from DTH/idllu since 2007/8, when they and YS were the two main eBay sellers from China. Wouldn't be my first thought for Taiwan Oolong. I wonder how their Keemun is though? Need to find an affordable source.

Taiwan Sourcing seems high quality, more consistently high end than the encyclopedia of YS. Though I'm not an Oolong expert I was very happy with what they sent, particularly their Lalashan, Organic Gaba, robust Si Ji Jun, and "potion" jade.

+ Post Reply