Enjoy the Iron Mercy Goddess

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

May 16th, '17, 23:58

Enjoy the Iron Mercy Goddess

by ginagreen » May 16th, '17, 23:58

If you have the opportunity, you must have a taste about the Iron Mercy Goddess, a variety of oolong tea, it is between black tea and green tea. Its main origin is Quanzhou, Fujian. Taiwanese people in Fujian have the habit of drinking tea, but also have a corresponding set of tea drinking utensils. Tea has caffeine, so there is a corresponding refreshing to wake up the role of the brain, but its main purpose is relax your mind, make you slow down, listen to your inner voice. I think, if you have the chance to travel to Quanzhou, Fujian, you need to have a taste of the Iron Mercy Goddess. :D

May 17th, '17, 00:47

Re: Enjoy the Iron Mercy Goddess

by Muel » May 17th, '17, 00:47

ginagreen wrote: If you have the opportunity, you must have a taste about the Iron Mercy Goddess, a variety of oolong tea, it is between black tea and green tea. Its main origin is Quanzhou, Fujian. Taiwanese people in Fujian have the habit of drinking tea, but also have a corresponding set of tea drinking utensils. Tea has caffeine, so there is a corresponding refreshing to wake up the role of the brain, but its main purpose is relax your mind, make you slow down, listen to your inner voice. I think, if you have the chance to travel to Quanzhou, Fujian, you need to have a taste of the Iron Mercy Goddess. :D
I like the Tie Guan Yin as well, it is the beginning chapter of my tea journey. I enjoy the aroma and sweet aftertaste of this tea. Have you have a chance to watch someone perform a Chinese tea ceremony with this tea?

May 17th, '17, 04:41

by ginagreen » May 17th, '17, 04:41

Muel wrote:
ginagreen wrote: If you have the opportunity, you must have a taste about the Iron Mercy Goddess, a variety of oolong tea, it is between black tea and green tea. Its main origin is Quanzhou, Fujian. Taiwanese people in Fujian have the habit of drinking tea, but also have a corresponding set of tea drinking utensils. Tea has caffeine, so there is a corresponding refreshing to wake up the role of the brain, but its main purpose is relax your mind, make you slow down, listen to your inner voice. I think, if you have the chance to travel to Quanzhou, Fujian, you need to have a taste of the Iron Mercy Goddess. :D
I like the Tie Guan Yin as well, it is the beginning chapter of my tea journey. I enjoy the aroma and sweet aftertaste of this tea. Have you have a chance to watch someone perform a Chinese tea ceremony with this tea?
Yep, there are lots of tea house in Quanzhou, Fujian, you can enjoy the tea ceremony there. :D

May 17th, '17, 07:44

by kuánglóng » May 17th, '17, 07:44

Muel wrote: I like the Tie Guan Yin as well, it is the beginning chapter of my tea journey. I enjoy the aroma and sweet aftertaste of this tea. Have you have a chance to watch someone perform a Chinese tea ceremony with this tea?
Pretty often, back in Yunnan and Guanxi. Not the typical artificial, choreographed ritual but meetings of local folks inviting strangers like me into their houses over pots and gaiwans of mostly TGY and all kinds of pu erh; sharing and enjoying life, teas, food and whatnot spontaneously. Most wonderful experiences, I've never been that tea buzzed again :lol:

May 17th, '17, 22:34

by ginagreen » May 17th, '17, 22:34

kuánglóng wrote:
Muel wrote: I like the Tie Guan Yin as well, it is the beginning chapter of my tea journey. I enjoy the aroma and sweet aftertaste of this tea. Have you have a chance to watch someone perform a Chinese tea ceremony with this tea?
Pretty often, back in Yunnan and Guanxi. Not the typical artificial, choreographed ritual but meetings of local folks inviting strangers like me into their houses over pots and gaiwans of mostly TGY and all kinds of pu erh; sharing and enjoying life, teas, food and whatnot spontaneously. Most wonderful experiences, I've never been that tea buzzed again :lol:
It must be a fantastic experience, and if there was a chance, I'd like to go to Yunnan to feel the local customs.

May 18th, '17, 04:07

by kuánglóng » May 18th, '17, 04:07

ginagreen wrote: It must be a fantastic experience, and if there was a chance, I'd like to go to Yunnan to feel the local customs.
Yeah, go for it. I've been there a couple times and enjoyed every bit of those trips.

+ Post Reply