Wuyi Ensemble in a bodum glass...

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.


Jun 14th, '08, 21:12

Wuyi Ensemble in a bodum glass...

by Deleted User #19572 » Jun 14th, '08, 21:12

so I'm currently enjoying my first taste of Adagio's Wuyi Ensemble oolong in a glass.

maybe its the fact that I've haven't enjoyed much tea in a glass other than iced tea. Im noticing a disturbing amount of particulate floating in the tea, much like the last poor of iced tea.

Is that due to the fact that i should have rinsed he tea an extra time or just due to brewing 9 ounces and pouring all 9 ounces into the glass?

JL

User avatar
Jun 16th, '08, 10:05
Posts: 5151
Joined: Dec 20th, '06, 23:33
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Been thanked: 1 time

by Salsero » Jun 16th, '08, 10:05

My philosophy of life is that everything is better in a Bodum Pavina, double-walled thermo glass!

I don't think I would rinse it, though I suppose a lightning rinse might help and probably wouldn't hurt. How are you brewing?

And then there's the option of ignoring it!

User avatar
Jun 16th, '08, 12:20
Posts: 1548
Joined: Jun 8th, '07, 13:00
Location: 3161 A.D.
Contact: Wesli

by Wesli » Jun 16th, '08, 12:20

I think that you're finally seeing what's always been there because you're just now using glass.

I would suggest using a filter if you don't like it. I use a filter for pu-erh and oolongs. I would NEVER use a filter for sencha/fukamushicha though.

User avatar
Jun 16th, '08, 12:25
Posts: 591
Joined: Apr 21st, '07, 23:01
Location: Indianapolis IN
Contact: augie

by augie » Jun 16th, '08, 12:25

Salsero wrote:My philosophy of life is that everything is better in a Bodum Pavina, double-walled thermo glass!
What, no pictures, Salsero??? I haven't placed my order yet, I can't find the 9 oz. Where did you find the 9 oz, Choice?

User avatar
Jun 16th, '08, 12:40
Posts: 5151
Joined: Dec 20th, '06, 23:33
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Been thanked: 1 time

by Salsero » Jun 16th, '08, 12:40

augie wrote:I haven't placed my order yet, I can't find the 9 oz. Where did you find the 9 oz, Choice?
Voilà
http://www.amazon.com/Bodum-9-Ounce-Dou ... 200&sr=8-1

Jun 16th, '08, 13:20

by Deleted User #19572 » Jun 16th, '08, 13:20

Wesli wrote:I think that you're finally seeing what's always been there because you're just now using glass.
that's probably true. like i said i'm used to seeing all of it at the bottom of a iced tea pitcher but never noticed it just after brewing. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some crazy chinese dirt... I kid.

the 9 oz is an awesome size, perfect for tea, juice, anything.

JL

+ Post Reply