Korean Oolong

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Oct 31st, '08, 00:41
Scrolling: scrolling

Korean Oolong

by Victoria » Oct 31st, '08, 00:41

I have been searching high and low for Korean Oolong for some time now. I did find some stuff, which a few of you have been sent samples of and the rest ended up in the Oolong Box Pass. It was heavily roasted, twiggy and just plain OLD.

I had high expectations when first learning of Hankook Teas, only to find that their oolong offerings are not from Korea. :shock:

Then while reading Maitre_Tea's Blog, I discover Shan Shui Teas. Crusing their site, much to my surprise, I find TWO Korean Oolongs listed! Woojeon Cheongcha Goryeo & Tukseon Cheongcha Goryeo, both spring 2008 oolongs. According to the site - "Oolong teas produced in Korea are collectively referred to as cheongcha. The leaves have been allowed to oxidize slightly before being pan-fried by hand in the style of the green teas."

I have ordered both these teas and will be reporting back with my findings. I am so excited I wanted to share before they are even here!!

If anyone else knows a good source, please let me know!

Nov 4th, '08, 16:44
Vendor Member

Re: Korean Oolong

by TIM » Nov 4th, '08, 16:44

Victoria wrote:I have been searching high and low for Korean Oolong for some time now. I did find some stuff, which a few of you have been sent samples of and the rest ended up in the Oolong Box Pass. It was heavily roasted, twiggy and just plain OLD.

I had high expectations when first learning of Hankook Teas, only to find that their oolong offerings are not from Korea. :shock:

Then while reading Maitre_Tea's Blog, I discover Shan Shui Teas. Crusing their site, much to my surprise, I find TWO Korean Oolongs listed! Woojeon Cheongcha Goryeo & Tukseon Cheongcha Goryeo, both spring 2008 oolongs. According to the site - "Oolong teas produced in Korea are collectively referred to as cheongcha. The leaves have been allowed to oxidize slightly before being pan-fried by hand in the style of the green teas."

I have ordered both these teas and will be reporting back with my findings. I am so excited I wanted to share before they are even here!!

If anyone else knows a good source, please let me know!
http://joytea.com/

유기농하늘청차:청차우전(40g)/하늘심(心)

35,000원

This will be Korean style oolong or Blue tea.

Hope this help. Toki
Last edited by TIM on Nov 4th, '08, 22:48, edited 2 times in total.

Nov 4th, '08, 17:29
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Nov 4th, '08, 17:29

Thanks looks great, but I'm gonna need a plug in!

+ Post Reply