Thursday TeaDay 10/28/10 Prefer tea alone or shared?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Yesterday, 75% of responders said they were drinking their tea alone, BUT TODAY, we want to know, do you prefer to drink your TEA alone?

Yes. For me, tea is a state of mind, focus. I definitely prefer my tea alone
5%
Yes, most times I like my tea alone. It is a retreat, a private moment
9%
Yes, generally I prefer my tea alone
12%
Yes/no...I prefer to split my tea time
30%
No, generally I would prefer tea time shared
23%
No, I generally prefer tea time shared
7%
No, I would always like to share my tea time with someone
7%
Other
7%

Total votes: 43

Oct 28th, '10, 17:27

Re: Thursday TeaDay 10/28/10 Prefer tea alone or shared?

by LauraW » Oct 28th, '10, 17:27

I said yes and no, it depends on the company and my mood. Sometimes I ifind it infinitely better to sit alone, often with a book, and sip. Others tomes i truly enioy the companionship of having someone with whom to share a pot of tea.
Snowbud today.

Oct 28th, '10, 17:49

by laura99 » Oct 28th, '10, 17:49

Since most of my tea drinking is either while I am working, or at home relaxing with a good book, alone is fine with me most of the time.

But being able to share with others more often would be nice as well. I am working to get some of my co workers interested. Sadly my DH will probably never be one to share this with me :(. He is a diet coke lover.

Oct 28th, '10, 19:16

by jazz88 » Oct 28th, '10, 19:16

I said: shared. I mostly drink tea while working.
Just had 2 cups of Darjeeling Sungma Summer.

I have added some new artwork with I love tea message here:
http://www.antemeridiemdesign.com/fun/tea/

If you like it feel free to use it :) Personal use only.
Clarification: keep in mind that on the monitor the size looks huge but when printed it will be much smaller.

Oct 28th, '10, 19:20
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 28th, '10, 19:20

I also enjoy sharing tea everyday while on TeaChat and TeaDay with you all, our international TeaCommunity! :mrgreen:

Oct 28th, '10, 19:33

by verus » Oct 28th, '10, 19:33

That depends on my mood really. Can be both. Sometimes the tea itself is all the company I need!

Still enjoying my Darjeeling. It's a black tea officially I think, but the characteristics are somewhat similar to a spicy green tea. Also the leaf is quite chopped up, so overbrewing is definitely a danger to avoid, it gets bitter and undrinkable if too hot.

Oct 28th, '10, 23:02

by Skippyandjif » Oct 28th, '10, 23:02

I generally like to enjoy tea with a friend. My one constant tea companion is studying abroad this year, but I am slowly turning some of my friends to the Tea Side. 8)

Rose Congou this afternoon, just finished up some chamomile.

Oct 29th, '10, 00:08

by Leo_Blue » Oct 29th, '10, 00:08

I really prefer to drink tea in a social setting, but most of the time find myself drinking alone. This is especially true when I want to prepare my tea gongfu style as none of my family or friends has the patience or interest. Maybe in the future I will have more tea loving friends that will be able to join me for tea on a regular basis.

Had some Sencha Cherry Rose from my local teashop earlier and bought some White Monkey Paw that I will be preparing for the first time later tonight.

Oct 29th, '10, 00:22
Vendor Member

by IPT » Oct 29th, '10, 00:22

I find I really like to drink my tea alone. Generally, whenever I am drinking tea with others, it is in my teashop, and I am drinking with customers and I find I don't enjoy the tea nearly as much as when I am sitting alone in my tea room with some soft music, nice incense, and excellent tea.

On the rare occasion, when my shop is empty, my manager and will sit alone and drink tea together, that is very nice too because we can talk tea and dig out some special teas.

My wife, unfortunently/fortunently, does not like tea, so I don't get to share it with her. I am hoping my daughter will like tea. She'd better, because she has a huge collection, without knowing it.

Have a wonderful tea day everyone!

Oct 29th, '10, 00:30

by entropyembrace » Oct 29th, '10, 00:30

Now I´m feeling fortunate...while I don´t often have the chance to share tea with my gf she really enjoys those moments. Sharing tea is a peaceful intimate moment for us...and I feel very lucky I have her. :D

Oct 29th, '10, 17:49

by RaynBeatle » Oct 29th, '10, 17:49

I always prefer sharing my tea time with Raul, but we only get to see each other twice a week.

When we move in we'll get to have tea time together every day (:

Nov 15th, '10, 22:18

by ssserica » Nov 15th, '10, 22:18

auhckw wrote:I wished my wife would sit down beside me while we brew and drink the tea together... but she doesn't like it at all.

Hope as we aged together, she will slowly find some interest.

Meanwhile, my backup plan is hope when my baby grows up, he will sit next to his daddy and drink tea. I am buying progressively quite a number of puerh for his future consumption, and if he doesn't like em, what a pity... I may just sell it off and use the money for hoilday :lol:

awww i hope he grows up to like tea also!! :P

i am in a similar boat. i love tea and my bf is not really into it. in fact no1 i know is into it as much as me so its more or less alone tea time for me. i drink my teas plain with no sweeteners etc. while everyone i know likes to add all types of additives to their tea this causes me to wonder if they can even really taste the tea at times..... :( . I do love tea time with friends when they are up to it which is not often.