Wednesday TeaDay 12/29/10 2010, TeaExperimentor?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

2010 coming to a close, but have you become more of a TeaExperimentor in brewing of teas (finding those sweet spots) this year? Please share!

Yes, most definitely
22%
Yes, I believe so
35%
Maybe
4%
I do not think so
4%
Definitely not
4%
Bonus, I relied less on TCers
9%
Bonus, I relied more on TCers
22%

Total votes: 23

Dec 30th, '10, 00:38

Re: Wednesday TeaDay 12/29/10 2010, TeaExperimentor?

by AdamMY » Dec 30th, '10, 00:38

debunix wrote:Although I mentioned yesteday that I rarely will trust brewing parameters that are far off from what I'm used to for a general class of tea, if my 'usual' starting point does not please, I am more likely to experiment to see if I can get something better.
I am similar yet different, in the regards that if it seems the recommendation for brewing the tea by the vendor is the generic instructions for that type of tea I will usually ignore it. But should the recommendation for a tea be incredibly different than what I would be used to for that type of tea, or what I would expect for that type of tea, I will be more than likely to try it each way to compare.

Dec 30th, '10, 10:10

Re: Wednesday TeaDay 12/29/10 2010, TeaExperimentor?

by msurads06 » Dec 30th, '10, 10:10

There has definately been alot of experimenting this year. Just two weeks ago was my first tea aniversary so this year has been full of learning and experimenting. I Started out the year with black tea and a tea ball. This year i have been through many different methods from teapots to infuser baskets and gaiwan, now experimenting with yixing and grandpa method. have tried white, green (chinese and japaneses), puerh and oolong. I have relied quite abit on tea chat since i first discovered it for tea/vendor/brewing recomendations.