Monday TeaDay 3/7/11 Great TeaDay ... odds are?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

On an average day, what are the odds ... that you will have a "great TeaDay?" Of course, please share!

100% certain YES
26%
>80% likelihood
33%
>60% likelihood
15%
>40% likelihood
11%
>20% likelihood
11%
0-19% likelihood
4%

Total votes: 27

Mar 7th, '11, 00:34
Scrolling: scrolling

Monday TeaDay 3/7/11 Great TeaDay ... odds are?

by Chip » Mar 7th, '11, 00:34

Greetings fellow lovers of tea. Please drop in throughout the day and share what is in your cup with us!

Over the weekend we discussed what was the greater sin, coffee or teabags. You can still vote and discuss the weekend's topic.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic. On an average day, what are the odds ... that you will have a "great TeaDay?" Of course, please share!

We are all looking forward to sharing great TeaDays with ... everyone! Bottoms up.

Mar 7th, '11, 05:20

Re: Monday TeaDay 3/7/11 Great TeaDay ... odds are?

by karmaplace » Mar 7th, '11, 05:20

On an average day I spend a great deal of time at work, and at work I tend to just guzzle down average teas to keep me from going crazy. :lol: But, I do tend to start the day or finish it with some great teas.

It helps that I consider a bad TeaDay one where I don't have any tea, or a particularly poor example of tea. Low expectations?

I had some sencha this morning and some pouchong at work. When I tried the pouchong at home I wasn't a fan, so I put it in my "work" pile, but today it was quite lovely while I dealt with some out-of-control 5th and 6th graders. As far as the tea part of the day goes, it's been good. :)

Mar 7th, '11, 06:47

by Herb_Master » Mar 7th, '11, 06:47

Too busy today, but tomorrow will be Great :D

What are the odds of any of us having a great garden this year?

2 Winters running really cold - this year as low as -18 :(

Everything is late, I wonder how many will not have survived.

But at last a few signs of life.

Including the Pushkinia

Mar 7th, '11, 07:59

by David R. » Mar 7th, '11, 07:59

Not easy to answer. It depends on how Great you are talking about. :wink: I say a day where I can drink a lot of teas is a great TD whether tea are exceptional or not.

Fall Shan Lin Shi from TM, trying new water (Volvic). Used this water for YM Supreme LE before that. Tests look very promising.

Mar 7th, '11, 08:09

by JBaymore » Mar 7th, '11, 08:09

I have tea everday. So everydday is a great tea day. Because any day that has tea in it is great.

best,

.............john

Mar 7th, '11, 10:04

by GreenwoodStudio » Mar 7th, '11, 10:04

I didn't vote because I like to stay right here in the moment, and right now my tea-moment is pretty damn good, dancing between 3 teas this morning, Lishan, Shui Xian and Muzha Tieguanyin.

Snowed in here, which is a good excuse to pots all day :D

Mar 7th, '11, 10:23

by dokpm0 » Mar 7th, '11, 10:23

It looks like today is going to be a bad tea day, as have been the past few tea days. My sinuses/allergies have been at odds with my taste buds since last week. :(

This tea day started out with a Lapsang Souchong Imperial from Upton Tea. I really like this tea at home, but I can't seem to brew a descent cup of it at work. I think I've figured out what the problem might be. I'm using Adagio's glass mug/infuser at work and a PersonaliTEA pot at home. The mug infuser is finer than the pot infuser. One reviewer of the tea describes the liquor as "thick", much like coffee. I think the mug infuser might be too fine for this particular tea.

At the moment my mug contains a loose leaf Pu-Erh.

Mar 7th, '11, 14:53

by entropyembrace » Mar 7th, '11, 14:53

Most days are good tea days...but today will be focused on coffee...I have just a bit of Veracruz left to finish off :)

Mar 7th, '11, 15:03

by artmom » Mar 7th, '11, 15:03

JBaymore wrote:I have tea everday. So everydday is a great tea day. Because any day that has tea in it is great.

best,

.............john
Yet again, John says it for me!!! :D

Mar 7th, '11, 15:08

by LauraW » Mar 7th, '11, 15:08

A little on the pessimistic side, I know, but i said 40%, because most days I only have one tea, at work, which means that while the tea quality is good, the environment and equipment could be better.
No tea today, forgot to restock my office supply.

Mar 7th, '11, 19:23

by verus » Mar 7th, '11, 19:23

Near 100 %.

My Darjeelings and Chinese greens make sure that tea is great.

edit: having a Pussimbing autumn flush right now...it's scrumptious.

Mar 7th, '11, 20:51

by Cael » Mar 7th, '11, 20:51

I'm feeling a bit pessimistic, but I put it rather on the low scale. Mostly because I don't seem to get nearly enough tea these days.

Mar 7th, '11, 21:36

by TubbyCow » Mar 7th, '11, 21:36

This was good timing; I basically had the best TeaDay ever today.

I was on my 13th steep of American Tea Room's Milk Oolong (love the company or hate 'em, this is some fantastical tea) when the delivery dude came with goodies from Yunnan Sourcing!

A new gaiwan, faircup, cups, teapot, scale, pu knife, couple of pu-erh cakes. Gifts from the husband for our anniversary.

I guess I'll keep him around. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

...I just realised how braggy this sounds. Sorry about that. I think I'm a bit teadrunk.

Mar 7th, '11, 22:24

by Skippyandjif » Mar 7th, '11, 22:24

100% yes! I make sure that my teatimes are always great, even if the rest of my day is going horribly. It's the way I get de-stressed.

Rose congou this (exceedingly snowy) afternoon, currently sipping on a lavender rooibos tisane.

Mar 7th, '11, 22:26

by Chip » Mar 7th, '11, 22:26

TubbyCow wrote:This was good timing; I basically had the best TeaDay ever today.

I was on my 13th steep of American Tea Room's Milk Oolong (love the company or hate 'em, this is some fantastical tea) when the delivery dude came with goodies from Yunnan Sourcing!

A new gaiwan, faircup, cups, teapot, scale, pu knife, couple of pu-erh cakes. Gifts from the husband for our anniversary.

I guess I'll keep him around. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

...I just realised how braggy this sounds. Sorry about that. I think I'm a bit teadrunk.
Well, sounds like you had bragging rights! So brag away! :mrgreen:

A complicated day, but a great TeaDay as are virtually 100% of my TeaDays. I just rarely have a not so great TeaDay.

Today's Great TD began with Musashi karigane from O-Cha with the Mrs. Next up, Kaboku from Ippodo. If anything, there was just not enough tea in the day.