Tuesday TeaDay 3/15/11 Remains of the ... TeaDay?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

What is the VERY LAST hands on tea related activity of a typical TeaDay. Please share, of course.

Cleaning up the remains of the TeaDay
53%
Last sips of the TeaDay's Tea
25%
Pre-preparing for tomorrow's TeaDay
No votes
Deciding what will be the first Tea of the next TeaDay
3%
Craving Tea
16%
Other, please share
3%

Total votes: 32

Mar 15th, '11, 13:57
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Tuesday TeaDay 3/15/11 Remains of the ... TeaDay?

by Stentor » Mar 15th, '11, 13:57

Only one option?

Usually it's cleaning up.
Sometimes I want to try a different brewing approach to a tea and write down what I want to do differently. So that's what, craving and preparing?
Also, when I know I want to open a new bag of green tea that I've been storing in the fridge the next day or within the next two days, I'll take it out the fridge so it has plenty of time to get accustomed to room temperature before I open it.
None of this is so atypical. So, I guess, I need 3 options at least! :)
But yeah, mostly it's cleaning up.

Mar 15th, '11, 14:20

by artmom » Mar 15th, '11, 14:20

Beware the Ides of March!

For an empathetic look, not a tear-jerker one, see this report from the BBC.

My son David met this young man's parents when he was in Japan last July visiting Samantha. Samantha picked up her visa to go to Japan in Atlanta today. She is moving ahead as far as she can with her life plans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12735874

Lyn

Drinking assam w/a pinch of Rose Congou today while surfing.

Mar 15th, '11, 14:25

by tortoise » Mar 15th, '11, 14:25

laura99 wrote:I was going to put cleaning up, but changed to craving tea. I have to stop caffeine consumption pretty early, and am always wishing for more later at night.
All you have to do to remedy caffeine sensitivity is increase your alcohol consumption! Just have 5 or 6 shots before bed, and/or a bottle of NyQuil and you should be able to drink tea upwards of 7 pm. That's just a sampling of the repressed ancient wisdom "they" don't want you to know about. POWER TO THE TEAPLE!

Mar 15th, '11, 18:58

by Herb_Master » Mar 15th, '11, 18:58

What is all this about Cleaning Up :lol:

There just might be another couple of infusions if we steep long enough :D

In my garden today
Narcissus 'Tete A Tete'

Mmmn - Tomorrow - What Shall I Have :roll:

Mar 15th, '11, 20:04

by Peacock » Mar 15th, '11, 20:04

The very last thing I do in my day is clean pots and cups and let them air dry.. this is about a hour after drinking since thats how long it takes, minimum to finish my tea session. I like to relax and enjoy the cup. Often I'll put music on in the background too.

Mar 15th, '11, 20:29

by GreenwoodStudio » Mar 15th, '11, 20:29

Lately I've been putting spent leaves of the day into a BIG gaiwan, toss in a little hojicha for flavor, and sneak one last steep of things before cleaning and rinsing the gear.

Finishing up the last of my shui xian now :cry: and hoping to receive a shipment from Seven Cups tomorrow! :D

Mar 15th, '11, 21:37

by jaderabbit » Mar 15th, '11, 21:37

I try to not drink tea after 4, tea caffeine releases really slowly for me. So I usually I end my day with serious tea cravings. :lol:
BTW alcohol and nyquil not an option, makes falling asleep even harder for me. But I would if I could. :cry:
Instead, I get on Teachat and live vicariously through my teapeeps. :wink:

Mar 15th, '11, 21:46

by JBaymore » Mar 15th, '11, 21:46

Last sips.

best,

.............john

Mar 15th, '11, 22:27

by Skippyandjif » Mar 15th, '11, 22:27

My last activity is cleaning up after the TeaDay. I hate going to bed with dirty dishes still lying around... :lol:

I tried some Japanese black tea this afternoon and was disappointed, so I had some rose congou afterwards. I'm currently sipping on some houjicha.

Mar 16th, '11, 11:32

by dokpm0 » Mar 16th, '11, 11:32

tortoise wrote:All you have to do to remedy caffeine sensitivity is increase your alcohol consumption! Just have 5 or 6 shots before bed, and/or a bottle of NyQuil and you should be able to drink tea upwards of 7 pm.
Hummmm, that info makes one wonder if there might be a spirit and a tea that would complement each other. Would a rich complex bourbon enhance a rich complex tea? Or maybe a little scotch could bring a whole new meaning to "Scottish Breakfest Blend." :-)

Mar 17th, '11, 16:18

by tortoise » Mar 17th, '11, 16:18

dokpm0 wrote:
tortoise wrote:All you have to do to remedy caffeine sensitivity is increase your alcohol consumption! Just have 5 or 6 shots before bed, and/or a bottle of NyQuil and you should be able to drink tea upwards of 7 pm.
Hummmm, that info makes one wonder if there might be a spirit and a tea that would complement each other. Would a rich complex bourbon enhance a rich complex tea? Or maybe a little scotch could bring a whole new meaning to "Scottish Breakfest Blend." :-)
Haha, well, funny you should ask. Obviously, I was kidding in my post, but I had a great time the other night alternatively sipping Macallan Cask Strength and an aged baozhong. It probably took me two hours to finish the one scotch drink because I'd give it a break for a while and come back to it. As much as I enjoy fine whisky, the power of it is irritating to my mouth. Just about any tea remedies this, but the aged oolong paired very well with this sherry cask Speyside malt.

In short, I think there is definitely room to explore the tea/alcohol marriage beyond the well established ones.