Monday/Tuesday TeaDay 5/9-10/11 Rich Tea?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

If you had unlimited wealth, would you still drink the teas you drink currently? Please share your thoughts, details.

I would stick with teas like I currently drink
10%
I would mostly drink what I currently do, but add some more expensive selctions
41%
I would drink what I do currently, but also add a large percentage of more expensive selctions
36%
I would likely part ways with my current selctions and do a complete Tea upgrade
3%
I would definitely do a complete upgrade to teas
8%
Other
3%

Total votes: 39

May 10th, '11, 01:39
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Monday TeaDay 5/9/11 Rich Tea?

by Chip » May 10th, '11, 01:39

Poohblah wrote:Nah, there's no way I would be able to appreciate the most expensive teas the way a tea master could. I'll leave them to him or her. I'll keep drinking what I'm currently drinking, I'll just drink more of it :D And maybe a treat here or there, too 8)
Why should only the masters have all the fun? :mrgreen:

I would likely keep a core group of regulars because I like them, period. But undoubtedly there would be adjustments over all. Teas that I hesitate over price would be sampled.

Great TD although I am reporting late. Began with 7132 Organic from O-Cha with the Mrs. Next up, Kurogi from Umami-Chaya. And lastly, Yame Gyokuro from Xell. A grrrreat TD.

Oh, and after 5 weeks enroute, PetrWare is finally in the house! Whew.

May 10th, '11, 02:12

Re: Monday/Tuesday TeaDay 5/9/11 Rich Tea?

by Chip » May 10th, '11, 02:12

So, yesterday was very busy, stressful, and I am taking it easy today!

Therefore, yesterday's TeaDay will carry over into Tuesday!

So please share what is in your cup with us, discuss the topic, or discuss whatever is happening in your TeaWorld.

Also, related to yesrday's topic, share a tea or teas you would buy if money was no object!

Enjoy your TeaDay ... hope to see you here!

May 10th, '11, 02:55

Re: Monday/Tuesday TeaDay 5/9-10/11 Rich Tea?

by Nenugal » May 10th, '11, 02:55

Tuesday started with matcha; I'm trying out a new kyo-yaki hira-chawan that I got inexpensively from Ebay to welcome the spring and warmer weather (relatively, remember I'm in Norway). Now I'm enjoying some kinari shincha from maiko. I'm still waiting for the "Kagoshima Sencha Yutaka Midori" from o-cha, hopefully it will arrive today or tomorrow...

May 10th, '11, 04:36

by Trey Winston » May 10th, '11, 04:36

I already drink relatively expensive teas, so doubt I would change much. Possibly there would be more impulse purchases.

Having some Silver Needle today. It really feels like summer is on its way.

May 10th, '11, 08:05

by Drax » May 10th, '11, 08:05

Made a bowl of matcha this morning to start off work... kaoru supreme from o-cha. I will invite a co-worker to enjoy some this afternoon!

May 10th, '11, 09:04

by brlarson » May 10th, '11, 09:04

I don't think my tea purchases would change very much. I have delicious teas that are inexpensive and enough top quality teas to serve to family and guests and I'm happy with my daily teas. If wealth changed my tea habits it would involve TeaTravel and TeaWare, and I'm not sure which would be more expensive.

This morning I brewed that last of my DHP from Seven Cups. 2010 Kiwame shincha might be the menu later today.

May 10th, '11, 10:15

Re: Monday/Tuesday TeaDay 5/9/11 Rich Tea?

by tortoise » May 10th, '11, 10:15

Chip wrote:
Therefore, yesterday's TeaDay will carry over into Tuesday!

So please share what is in your cup with us, discuss the topic, or discuss whatever is happening in your TeaWorld.

Also, related to yesrday's topic, share a tea or teas you would buy if money was no object!
I would have tried the '60s Shui Xian from Mandarin's Tea Room by now, and I would have purchased plenty of Premium TKY from same vendor. I would have a stash of Yamashita's Gyokuro to work through as well. I think mostly I'd be searching for old yan cha and keep my normal buying habits as well. I guess if I had "unlimited wealth" I'd be trying lots of stuff and passing it around as well.

Aged Rou Gui this morning. Have a good one, everybody.

May 10th, '11, 14:05

by debunix » May 10th, '11, 14:05

Nada's 60's Guang Yun Gong would be right at the top of the list of teas bought with a newly unlimited tea budget. Today I got a few more steeps out of leaves I started 3 days--and several dozen steeps--ago. But the sample is gone.

Started the TeaDay with Den's Shin-ryoku, now enjoying some Tai Ping Hou Kui from Wing Hop Fung. Green, green, something darker will be next.

May 10th, '11, 16:52

by bambooforest » May 10th, '11, 16:52

I would drink mostly what I already do. But would simply also add some more expensive selections to the mix more often than usual.

I would also still occasionally drink less expensive teas like bancha. Sometimes I just want to consume hot tea beverage and don't want to fuss.

Drinking Buddhist Tea (green tea) from SilkRoadTeas

May 10th, '11, 19:50

by verus » May 10th, '11, 19:50

I like the teas that I have now very much; they're not expensive, they're not cheap, but they're just right. I may buy a few more expensive oolongs, but other than that I wouldn't change much.

Green karigane sencha this evening. It is wonderful, very sweet, with a slight salty bite and a little astringency...green tea at its best.

May 10th, '11, 20:44

by Drax » May 10th, '11, 20:44

Got to enjoy *two* cups of matcha at work today, and share two more cups with co-workers. I think 'unlimited' would definitely go for more matcha... :D

May 10th, '11, 21:23

by Chip » May 10th, '11, 21:23

Drax wrote:Got to enjoy *two* cups of matcha at work today, and share two more cups with co-workers. I think 'unlimited' would definitely go for more matcha... :D
Hm, and gyokuro! These are expensive areas of exploration, especially good stuff! Lots of gyokuro and matcha! :mrgreen:

Great TD as usual, began with Kurogi sencha from Umami-Chaya with the Mrs. Next up, 7132 Organic Sencha from O-Cha. And finishing with a tasting of Maromi ultra steamed sencha from Den's.

These were all very enjoyable, and regardless how much money I would have, these would be enjoyable.

May 11th, '11, 01:03

by FlyedPiper » May 11th, '11, 01:03

Great topic.

My tea habits would change considerably if I had "unlimited" wealth. Basically I'd want the best of whatever I was currently exploring.

Each day would start with the finest matcha as a matter of principle. Then, depending on season and mood, either a pot of really good sencha or gyo or start on some oolong or puerh. Why drink OK tea when you could drink great tea? At the moment I drink the best teas I can afford while still being able to drink a good amount of tea everyday, which for me means OK tea most of the time, really good tea some of the time, and amazing tea occasionally.