Tuesday TeaDay 6/14/11 why WhY WHY???

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Yesterday bad actors, today bad teas. Are there teas you keep coming back to, and you must ask yourself, "why, WhY, WHY?" Please share.

YES, why do I do this to myself
21%
Yes, more than I would like to admit
16%
Maybe
11%
No, I do not think so
42%
No, definitely not
11%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 19

Jun 15th, '11, 01:58
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Tuesday TeaDay 6/14/11 why WhY WHY???

by Chip » Jun 15th, '11, 01:58

Thanks for coloring our TD Adam! Always good to see one of the SOs!
debunix wrote:
FlyedPiper wrote:Hope I like matcha since I just put in a big order for all of the accessories and a chawan :? . The earlier poster scared me a little.
I would hope my post doesn't inspire fear of matcha in others. Be inspired by the abundant postings in "Today's matchawan" topic instead!
Or send all unopened Matcha to me! :mrgreen:

Great TeaDay, but as always, not enough. Began with a prelim tasting of Yutaka Midori Shincha from the O-C with the Mrs. This is their new offering. I think this one favors lots of leaf!

Next up, random sencha blend that turned out pretty good.

Jun 15th, '11, 06:52
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Jun 15th, '11, 06:52

Chip wrote:Thanks for coloring our TD Adam! Always good to see one of the SOs!
debunix wrote:
FlyedPiper wrote:Hope I like matcha since I just put in a big order for all of the accessories and a chawan :? . The earlier poster scared me a little.
I would hope my post doesn't inspire fear of matcha in others. Be inspired by the abundant postings in "Today's matchawan" topic instead!
Or send all unopened Matcha to me! :mrgreen:

Great TeaDay, but as always, not enough. Began with a prelim tasting of Yutaka Midori Shincha from the O-C with the Mrs. This is their new offering. I think this one favors lots of leaf!

Next up, random sencha blend that turned out pretty good.
Or send the opened stuff, too! "Stale" matcha makes a great addition to vanilla ice cream...! :mrgreen:

Jun 15th, '11, 10:09

by tortoise » Jun 15th, '11, 10:09

AdamMY wrote:
Right now I am busy asking Why Why Why Why, I keep on messing up brewing my Sencha in the later infusions. It is like after I successfully make the first one I get distracted and the later infusions seem horrible. Must go practice some more.
Yes, Sencha is very tricky in later steepings. I agree. I'd say that, generally, I do fine with one and two, but after that, each sencha requires serious study. Each one is different. I had an experience recently where I was really impressed by one variety through a solid 5 steeps. Then, I couldn't do it again. This tells me that I'm not paying attention since the good experience was a happy accident. The more I brew it (and I'm talking about asamushi, specifically) the more I realize how tricky it can be. This may point out that I'm getting better at tasting the tea and less satisfied with inattentive brewing, however slight.

Jun 16th, '11, 14:36

by FlyedPiper » Jun 16th, '11, 14:36

debunix wrote:

Just received my chawan in the mail today. It's glorious! Hope the tea and other accessories come soon :? .

I'll check out that topic, thanks!