TeaDay, Where are you? March 7, 2015

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Where are you?

Africa
No votes
Asia
13%
Australia
1%
Europe
23%
North America
62%
South America
1%

Total votes: 108

Mar 7th, '15, 13:55
Scrolling: scrolling

TeaDay, Where are you? March 7, 2015

by Chip » Mar 7th, '15, 13:55

International TeaDay

Welcome to TeaDay everyone. Enjoy your teas with us while you learn more about each other.

Inquiring minds want to know, where you are currently living. I have listed 6 of the 7 continents for our members to vote.

In the topic, please expound if you desire and let us know more specifics about your location.

I have always found it interesting to see how many of our members are not from North America. We truly are a well mixed group.

Many of you may be surprised with the amount of countries represented. And if your current location is not where you were born, you may share that too.

I am looking forward to sharing TeaDay with you ... so, what's in your cup today?

Mar 7th, '15, 14:21

Re: TeaDay, Where are you? March 7, 2015

by sherubtse » Mar 7th, '15, 14:21

I am in Toronto, the largest city (but not the capital) of Canada. But it *is* the financial /commercial capital of the country.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Mar 7th, '15, 15:20

by kiwi303 » Mar 7th, '15, 15:20

You should add Somewhere Else!

I'm in New Zealand, which is NOT part of Australia, we're more Pacific.

NZ can be lumped into two groupings, Australasia and Oceania. In one we're the most eastern, in the other we're the most southern, sometimes the most western, it depends on if the demographicist includes Micronesia in Polynesia or SEAsia.

Mar 7th, '15, 16:01

by debunix » Mar 7th, '15, 16:01

On the left coast of North America, feeling a bit guilty about all the sunshine today as I see news of the cold elsewhere, and wishing for rain instead....

Started the day with An Ji Bai Cha from Norbu, delicate and sweet, and now moving on to the intriguing Wu Dong Chou Shi light (?no) roast Dan Cong from Yunnan Sourcing. It's already warm enough that I'm contemplating that sparkling sencha idea for later in the afternoon....

Mar 7th, '15, 18:22

by BioHorn » Mar 7th, '15, 18:22

In Miami today drinking some 2002 Tai Lian International Puerh Tea Expo tea. Have been meaning to get to this sample for years!

A bit crispy and very pungent at 13 years. Cakes of this were made for some storage! If you have one that has been in humid conditions, let us know!

Mar 7th, '15, 22:53

by Chip » Mar 7th, '15, 22:53

kiwi303 wrote:You should add Somewhere Else!

I'm in New Zealand, which is NOT part of Australia, we're more Pacific.

NZ can be lumped into two groupings, Australasia and Oceania. In one we're the most eastern, in the other we're the most southern, sometimes the most western, it depends on if the demographicist includes Micronesia in Polynesia or SEAsia.
Interesting.

Had to do a little geography study since reading your post. There are differing opinions, but it seems that New Zealand is simply not a part of any continent but is commonly considered a part of a group of islands covering a large area called oceana. I think many old school Westerners simply learned in school to group everything into the 7 continents. A helpful reference ... http://www.nationalgeographic.com/sitei ... aphy-faqs/

I live and learn, and sometimes TeaChat can play a part. Welcome oceana to TeaChat.

Mar 7th, '15, 23:08

by Chip » Mar 7th, '15, 23:08

North America, USA, Pennsylvania, Berks County, Reading. Nothing too exciting ... hmmm, among the highest unemployment, poverty, crime rates in the US.

However, some of the best sencha from Japan are also brewed here by a humble country teaman. :mrgreen: Today, brewed up the bottom of the bag of Yame sencha from Zenhodo. It was still amazing. I will have to look up the name.

Mar 8th, '15, 00:49

by kiwi303 » Mar 8th, '15, 00:49

Chip wrote:
I live and learn, and sometimes TeaChat can play a part. Welcome oceana to TeaChat.
Not only about tea :D

We actually have a plate boundary running down the middle of the country, one basic definition of a continent is it is located on a plate, Which is why India is often referred to as a subcontinent, being on a plate which is currently ramming into the Asian continent and hence pushing up the Himalayas. Since we are part of both the Australian plate and the Pacific plate, we cannot by definition be a continent or part thereof :P

As to tea, a pot of Bi Lo Chun is brewing.

I've only the one decent tea green here now, I've ordered more but it has yet to arrive. I have a Ceylon black in the cupboard, and a cheap jasmine, but I'm feeling like plain green right now.

A few more teas coming.
My aliexpress brick Puerh is in a customs warehouse in Bejing and my Liu An Gua Pian is in a customs warehouse in Fuzhou, and my Ebay 2005 Changtai Yi Chang Hao "Heng Feng Yuan" RIPE 100g puerh tuo has only just had a tracking number listed with no scan recorded yet... ends HK, so presumably coming from Hong Kong.

Going to effectively double my tea stash here, I had more but drank them all :P After all, thats what tea is for isn't it? :D

P.S Oceania has an "i" in it. :D

Mar 8th, '15, 06:44

by Erawiel » Mar 8th, '15, 06:44

Helsinki, Finland, where (cheap) beer and coffee are the beverages of choice for most. Thankfully, the capital being what it is, we have a few nice tea houses accessible. One of which reminds me of the wand selling store in the first Harry Potter movie..!

Mar 8th, '15, 11:34
Vendor Member

by paul_teawitty » Mar 8th, '15, 11:34

Hi,
For the next couple of weeks I'm based in London before my partner and I begin our journey to travel around all the worlds tea plantations. We're starting in Cornwall, then we're off to Europe before moving on to Asia. We'll be blogging about our trip on our site - http://teawitty.com/a-big-announcement- ... the-world/
Hope everyone is having a great day and enjoying their tea :)
Cheers
Paul

Mar 8th, '15, 13:32

by debunix » Mar 8th, '15, 13:32

Still in Los Angeles, still wishing for rain, and getting ready to enjoy a 2012 Yunnan Sourcing Autumn Yi Wu Purple Tea sheng pu sample from my last order. Sweet, herbaceous, floral start in the first flash infusions. Delicious. The tea tray is set with Petr's phoenix pot, and it's pairing nicely with Shyrabbit's In Praise of Shadows cup. Now all I need are some flowers from the yard--there are enough coming up that I can cut a few--to finish the setup for the day.

Mar 8th, '15, 14:09

by Mrs. Chip » Mar 8th, '15, 14:09

Yep, Chip and I live in a more country setting outside of Reading, PA. Our rural area has seen some growth in the last 30 years, but our area is not like the city.

I like our climate, the 4 distinct seasons and especially our unique landscaping that does justice for each one of them.

This morning our TeaSession was a bit rushed and I forgot the exact name of Xell ' s sencha that I thoroughly enjoyed. Maybe Chip will chime in and let us know.

At work, so no tea until I get back home. Enjoy your TeaDay.

Mar 8th, '15, 14:12

by Drax » Mar 8th, '15, 14:12

I'm in North America, more specifically the east coast of the US, and in the national capital region. After the (hopefully last!) snowstorm on Thursday, we're having a brilliantly beautiful day, with the temperatures currently at a very sunny 55F.

TokyoB made it over for a tea session, and we enjoyed some pu'erh from kyarazen and some yancha via BioHorn.

I even managed to get some planting done, and here's to hoping that I'll be around this year to enjoy the greenery! :mrgreen:

Mar 9th, '15, 04:01

by demonyc » Mar 9th, '15, 04:01

I'm in Georgia until summer (country of, not the US state). Trying some local tea once more, it's black and kind of 2nd flush Darjeeling-esque with some muscatel and stone fruit flavors. One of the Georgians I live with studied... "tea technology" during Soviet times, so we occasionally have interesting conversations over tea and its production methods. There isn't really a tea culture here, but it definitely is drank A LOT. Mostly low-quality "შავი ჩაი" regular black tea, but sometimes there's a good/interesting one to be had.

Mar 9th, '15, 10:08

by JRS22 » Mar 9th, '15, 10:08

Erawiel wrote:Helsinki, Finland, where (cheap) beer and coffee are the beverages of choice for most. Thankfully, the capital being what it is, we have a few nice tea houses accessible. One of which reminds me of the wand selling store in the first Harry Potter movie..!
I hope it has all the charm of Ollivanders and none of the dust!

+ Post Reply