Sunday, 2/03/08, Super Bowl TeaParty : D

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

What will you be chugging this Super Bowl Sunday

Tea
71%
Alcoholic beverage
No votes
Both
12%
Other
9%
All of the above
9%

Total votes: 34

Feb 3rd, '08, 23:04

by Space Samurai » Feb 3rd, '08, 23:04

Chip wrote:
To say I am disappointed with Rishi is an understatement. Their failure with this line is due to a pathetic attempt to market a new product line. Starting with offering "old leaf" all the way to the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I have emailed Rishi 3 times about this product line in 3 weeks, no response. I also do not believe they gave it enough of a chance.

I am very disappointed.
I don't get it either. Rishi has been pulling and replacing a lot of their tea. I have been waiting since frickin' May for them to get Dong Ding back in stock, cos it was amazing. They just got some in, but its less than half the price, so I'm thinking they replaced it, too. I'm not going to bother to find out.

Their lack of communication concerning this is appaling. They remove an entire product line without explanation and ignore any direct question regarding it. Its as if they want to pretend they never had it.

The bloom was off the rose for a while now for me, but this is pathetic.

edit: The best explanation I can think of, is that they got burned on the Japanese line, had a lot of tea that wouldn't sell, so when it was time to reorder they started to explore other options. I've had to do that more than a few times with products.

Feb 3rd, '08, 23:54

by Wesli » Feb 3rd, '08, 23:54

JT, the Hika is a nice change of pace, and brings the foody barley flavor to a somewhat sencha-like taste. I'll revisit it tomorrow when I have a clearer palate than I did today.

It's late, but I'm going to make some fukicha, I think.

Feb 4th, '08, 00:05

by Inspired by Tea » Feb 4th, '08, 00:05

I'm finally enjoying my first tea of the day, tung ting again. Reading all these posts makes me wish I had the amazing selection of others here. But sadly, I've just my two tung tings and a China gunpowder.

And somehow I've managed to add a crack down the side of my teapot as well! Good thing little Beehouse pots are so cheap.

Oh, and no beer for me tonight.. something about football and the television.. huh? :roll: