Finally Friday TeaDay, 2/15/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Did you ever spend so much time during the day drinking tea, that you skipped a meal or forgot to eat?

Yes, happens all the time, Tea is mandatory, food is optional
14%
Yes, occasionally
26%
Yes, but very rarely
21%
No
37%
Never happens because I eat the tea leaves after brewing : )
2%

Total votes: 43

Feb 15th, '08, 03:12
Scrolling: scrolling

Finally Friday TeaDay, 2/15/08

by Chip » Feb 15th, '08, 03:12

YEA, it is Friday's version of TeaDay!!! Fridays are usually hopping on the TeaDay forum. We hope today is no exception.

So, stop by as much as you can and share a cup with all of us, we never close. See what everyone is drinking and tell everyone what you are drinking!!! It's fun to see what everyone is drinking.

While you are here, remember to vote in today's TeaPoll submitted by Newbie2tea, Thanx again Newbie!!! Remember to submit Poll suggestions by PMing me.

OK, I can relate here...today's TeaPoll question is whether drinking tea ever causes you to miss a meal or simply forget to eat.

This opens up a lot of discussion possibilities such as does tea help you lose weight, is it an appetite suppressant...or do you simply enjoy your tea so much that you just forget about eating...etc!!!

So, have fun with this discussion.

And have a great TeaDay TeaChatters!!!

Feb 15th, '08, 04:00

by olivierco » Feb 15th, '08, 04:00

This morning Yunnan Golden Tips and Kaburagien's Hand-rubbed sencha.

I never skip meals. I have tea before meals, after meals and often during meals of course. Sometimes a meal can be delayed by a gongfu session.

For me tea isn't an appetite suppressant, on the contrary. Moreover tea brewing is very similar to cooking and the more you appreciate good quality tea, the more you appreciate good quality food and the more you want to experiment with new recipes.

Feb 15th, '08, 04:29

by omegapd » Feb 15th, '08, 04:29

Never.

I wish I did though. 240 pounds is too much for this country boy... :oops:

Gonna start the day with some Yerba Mate, I think.

EW

Feb 15th, '08, 07:55

by Selaphiel » Feb 15th, '08, 07:55

Opening todays teaday with some Yunnan black buds, this tea never fails.

My mailman failed me again, still no Uji Gyokuro Yume no Ukihashi and Sencha Miyabi in my mailbox :cry:

I don`t think I`ve forgot to eat because of tea. Actually, a good cup of tea increases my appetite, all those tastes. I can postpone some meals though if I`m in the middle of a Gong Fu Cha session.

Feb 15th, '08, 08:16

by tseirPsaduJ » Feb 15th, '08, 08:16

"It is better to go three days without food, than one without tea"

I don't guarantee that is quoted properly but you get the general idea

Feb 15th, '08, 08:28

by TimeforTea » Feb 15th, '08, 08:28

Starting the day with a cup of green mint tea...yum! I can see this tea becoming a favorite pick-me-up in the morning, or a nice iced tea during the summer.

I find that I spend a lot more time thinking about, planning for, and looking forward to tea than I do for meals...which is unusual for me! :P

Feb 15th, '08, 09:08

by Victoria » Feb 15th, '08, 09:08

I choose occasionally for me, especially on the weekends when I loose track of time. Tea is mandatory, food is optional - is my morning mantra.

Adagio's Grapefruit oolong for me today.

Have a nice day everyone!

Feb 15th, '08, 10:00

by caradrake » Feb 15th, '08, 10:00

I am sampling Adagio's blood orange herbal this morning. All I have with me today is the herbal sampler :( I still can't find where my 17 month old hid my teas. Aaaargh!

To answer the poll, no, I have never missed a meal because of tea. Despite the aromas, liquids just don't fill me up.

Feb 15th, '08, 10:17

by Ladytiger » Feb 15th, '08, 10:17

tseirPsaduJ wrote:"It is better to go three days without food, than one without tea"

I don't guarantee that is quoted properly but you get the general idea
Real quote "It is better to be deprived of food for three days than for tea for one" Chinese Proverb(the Chinese know that they're talking about!) I think I went once without a meal because of tea.
Starting today with some Rum tea, I can't believe it's almost gone! I'm also patiently waiting for the samples that Victoria's Own sent me of Oolongs. So I'll have some of those later.

Feb 15th, '08, 10:42

by Cinnamon Kitty » Feb 15th, '08, 10:42

I have a tendency to get distracted and forget to eat if I am not overly hungry. Tea makes that worse occasionally.

This morning is starting with a green anji. Later this afternoon, I am going to try something interesting at the Teaosk on the way home. They sell fresh brewed loose tea out of a tiny stand in the middle of a huge mall. It is mostly Harney & Sons teas, which are pretty good.

Feb 15th, '08, 10:45

by Victoria » Feb 15th, '08, 10:45

Cinnamonkitty wrote: Later this afternoon, I am going to try something interesting at the Teaosk on the way home. They sell fresh brewed loose tea out of a tiny stand in the middle of a huge mall. It is mostly Harney & Sons teas, which are pretty good.
Ohhh I am quite smitten with Harney & Sons Paris blend. A "Teaosk" sounds cool, have fun!

Feb 15th, '08, 11:05

by Wesli » Feb 15th, '08, 11:05

About to mix some guri, sencha, and matcha. sounds good, right?

Feb 15th, '08, 11:25

by Ladytiger » Feb 15th, '08, 11:25

The package from Victoria came! The Orange Blossom, from Chado, smells really good. She even sent along some green tea, Sky Between the Branches, from the Republic of Tea, and perfume. As for the other oolongs I got peach and ti kuan yin goddess, from Adagio, and milk oolong from tea cuppa. So many choices I don't know where to start!

Feb 15th, '08, 11:38

by xine » Feb 15th, '08, 11:38

I am having some Keemun black right now, which I haven't had since sometime over the summer. It's pretty good, I think I like it more than Lapsang Souchong.

I think I might have skipped a meal because I was drinking too much tea, but only because I had milk and sugar in my tea and that kept me full until I ate. Bad habit though, to skip meals. I prefer cooking my meal with tea, so yum yum yum.

I'm loading up on black and oolong teas today cos I'm going out dancing laterzzzz...need my energy :)

Feb 15th, '08, 11:56
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Feb 15th, '08, 11:56

Yesterday was travel day and I had very little tea -- a travesTEA. Today at the hotel, I have a microwave, a coffee pot (I'm not using that) and a refrigerator. Plus my 4 oz stash of chocolate tea and my 12 oz Xiu Xian Tea mug. The only tea in this place is Tazo (Zen and Calm -- like I need that at a convention?) :shock:

Terribly dehydrated nonetheless. Drinking some tea. Today I'll be doing homework. Tonight I'll be doing the con thing at http://www.Radcon.org.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes -- Douglas Adams.