FRIDAY>>>TEADAY, 4/04/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

FRIDAY, a day to get to know each other a little, do you have any pets...and any with TeaNames?

Yes, I have pet(s) and at least one with a TeaName
3%
Yes, I have pet(s)
76%
No, I do not have pet(s) at this time, but hope to
7%
No, I do not have pets
12%
Other
2%

Total votes: 58

Apr 4th, '08, 21:42

by witches brew » Apr 4th, '08, 21:42

I have one Abyssinian cat who thinks my tisanes are interesting to sniff, especially when they contain catnip. Her name is Amber.

Today I have been drinking peppermint, just for the sheer pleasure of it. I just brewed a pitcher of hibiscus flower and lemongrass, which will be tomorrow's iced tea.

Apr 4th, '08, 23:08

by TaiPing Hou Kui » Apr 4th, '08, 23:08

I have a dog a cat and two fish but none of them are names after anything tea related...partially becuase the dog was bought for my mother back when I still lived at home and she named it and the cat is called "ours" but is really my girlfriends......and the fish are mine but I havent named them. Perhaps one day.......some pet of mine will get a tea name!

*Today has been premiun sencha untill about 8pm then I switched to Pu sample which I cant remember its name right now, only that it was a 2005 ripe one...

-Nick (TaiPing)

Apr 4th, '08, 23:29

by olivierco » Apr 4th, '08, 23:29

Chip wrote:
Interesting Poll results so far. I had suspected that TeaDrinkers were more likely to have a pet. At around 80% having pets of those who responded, I still think so.
What is the average percentage of people having pets? In France 80% seems to me the average norm.

I have just started this saturday teaday with yunnan golden tips.

Apr 4th, '08, 23:49
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 4th, '08, 23:49

olivierco wrote:
Chip wrote:
Interesting Poll results so far. I had suspected that TeaDrinkers were more likely to have a pet. At around 80% having pets of those who responded, I still think so.
What is the average percentage of people having pets? In France 80% seems to me the average norm.

I have just started this saturday teaday with yunnan golden tips.
You know, I do not really know, but it seems less than 4 out of 5 homes.

Sakura sencha...the tea of Japanese Spring is still keeping me company this evening.

Apr 5th, '08, 00:06

by Ladytiger » Apr 5th, '08, 00:06

Chip wrote:LT wins the most pets contest.
Victory is mine! What do I get? A cookie or a small parade? :lol:

Apr 5th, '08, 00:14

by Chip » Apr 5th, '08, 00:14

Ladytiger wrote:
I six pack of kitties... :lol:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 5th, '08, 00:14

by Cinnamon Kitty » Apr 5th, '08, 00:14

Ladytiger wrote: Victory is mine! What do I get? A cookie or a small parade? :lol:
You get a kitty face of approval! =^.^=

I am enjoying a mug of Provence Rooibos right now. It followed the Kyoto Cherry Rose Sencha, Blueberry Bash Rooibos, and a small snifter of brandy. I am currently feeling sencha deprived after I ran out a few days ago. It is not the same without being able to have 4 or 5 steeps of a nice Japanese green tea.

Apr 5th, '08, 00:20

by Ladytiger » Apr 5th, '08, 00:20

Chip wrote:
Ladytiger wrote:
I six pack of kitties... :lol:
Kitty-palooza! *circus music*

Apr 5th, '08, 01:00

by Space Samurai » Apr 5th, '08, 01:00

Today I had some sencha, midsteamed, I believe, then some sort of Assam blend, now more of the same sencha followed with matcha, the kaoru organic.

Apr 5th, '08, 01:07

by trent » Apr 5th, '08, 01:07

Some zhi tea wuyi oolong.

Apr 5th, '08, 01:25

by osadczuk » Apr 5th, '08, 01:25

Ooo, so my topic! Though this is cool, two people here have more pets then I do and two have more cats. Very unusual...

We have six cats - Bob, Galileo, Mina, Fluffy (the new cat), Buttercup, and Clover (lesson? never let a 4-6 year olds name pets.) Bob is my husband's. Mina, 'leo, and Fluffy are all replacement cats, though wonderful in their own right. Buttercup and Clover were "my father died and I want a damn cat" cats. Buttercup and Fluffy are in effect my oldest daughter's and Mina goes to whomever is sitting on her couch. 'leo is definitely my cat, and Clover loves everyone. Chip - I hand raised the cat that I just lost from about an hour old, so I know the drill quite well.

We also have two dogs, a spanial mix Skippy, and an Australian Shepherd, Sam. Aussie's are supposedly the smartest breed of dog around, but we have a dud. He's dumber then a box of rocks, and quite possibly the rocks themselves. But he is the sweetest thing you can imagine. All of the above are incredibly kid friendly, we've never had a bite or a scratch. And did I meantion I'm horribly allergic to dogs and cats?

I also have a 30 gallon tank. Currently it is uninhabited, I had an African cichlid (female) that lives for 12 years and ate anything that went into the tank with her. Since she died we haven't gotten a replacement.

As for tea? Good day today - Golden Monkey, Prince of Whales, and my Earl Grey blend.

Apr 5th, '08, 01:51

by Chip » Apr 5th, '08, 01:51

Osadczuk...Buttercup is the name of an outdoor kitten here. I live in the boonies and there are always cats.

I am a little disappointed. Did anyone mention giant snakes or tarantulas or any other crazy critter?
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!