frIdAy tEAdAy 4/11/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Simply put, is there someone on TeaChat who has been a TeaMentor, TeaGuide, or strongly influenced you on your TeaJourney?

Most definitely yes
25%
Yes
25%
I don't think so
26%
No
25%

Total votes: 57

Apr 11th, '08, 20:13
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 11th, '08, 20:13

olivierco wrote:Finishing a nice 6 tea teaday with jasmine pearls before dinner and rooibos in a few minutes. My new teaware has just been shipped from Fukuoka. I hope to receive it by monday or tuesday.

OK...another copy of that pic is in order!!!! Yes, more pics when you can. Fukuoka...is that vendor...must go look.

Finshing a mediocre session of Dong Ding Oolong.

And 6 tea days...you should definitely be my mentor!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 11th, '08, 23:08

by witches brew » Apr 11th, '08, 23:08

Yes, indeed, the good folks on TeaChat have been a 'bad' influence on me. I have been blending a bit of tea into my tisanes, and I have been buying teaware like it is going out of style.

Thanks. I could not have done it without your advice, encouragement and messages. I'm a certifiable teaware addict (just wait till you see what I picked up this week at ItoEn...) and on my way to being a tea snob like the rest of you guys. :wink: Well done!

I've got peppermint tisane with a pinch of Silver Needle in my cup right now, trying to stay awake long enough to dry and fold laundry. To keep myself amused, I made myself a tetsubin avatar.

Apr 11th, '08, 23:24

by auggy » Apr 11th, '08, 23:24

Didn't get a chance to post this morning even though I voted (busy at work)... no one in particular has been a mentor yet, but I think that is just because I haven't been here all that long and I'm quiet.

Green pekoe for me tonight. Very good. I had previously only been exposed to Japanese greens so wasn't anticipating liking the Chinese. There is a different sort of sweetness with them, but I'm finding that I like it quite a lot. I've pretty much given up on finding a good black that I like now. I'm happy with my greens (and oolongs).

Apr 11th, '08, 23:54

by olivierco » Apr 11th, '08, 23:54

Chip wrote:
olivierco wrote:Finishing a nice 6 tea teaday with jasmine pearls before dinner and rooibos in a few minutes. My new teaware has just been shipped from Fukuoka. I hope to receive it by monday or tuesday.

OK...another copy of that pic is in order!!!! Yes, more pics when you can. Fukuoka...is that vendor...must go look.

Finshing a mediocre session of Dong Ding Oolong.

And 6 tea days...you should definitely be my mentor!!!!!!!!!!!
For some other pictures:

here

I didn't buy the Furidashi nor the Chakin Zutsu (I didn't like too much their drawing) and I saved some money for this chashaku

Apr 12th, '08, 00:10

by Victoria » Apr 12th, '08, 00:10

Stunning! Wow!

Apr 12th, '08, 00:37

by Chip » Apr 12th, '08, 00:37

olivierco wrote:[For some other pictures:

here

I didn't buy the Furidashi nor the Chakin Zutsu (I didn't like too much their drawing) and I saved some money for this chashaku

Really stunning Chashaku!!!

Finished my mere 3 tea day with Sakura sencha...really nice as usual.

Tonight...I have a lot of soggy leaf tea from today...some fuka, dong ding, and sakura...long live soggy leaf tea!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 12th, '08, 01:03

by Space Samurai » Apr 12th, '08, 01:03

Tonight I had the last of my Den's Kukicha and some Darjeeling oolong from Mighty Leaf.

Apr 12th, '08, 01:27

by Cinnamon Kitty » Apr 12th, '08, 01:27

Today was a good TeaDay. I had three steeps of White Tip Oolong this afternoon, some Valentines after dinner for desert, Blood Orange Rooibos, and am now finishing up my evening with Foxtrot.

Olivierco: the set is gorgeous!

Apr 12th, '08, 01:36

by Salsero » Apr 12th, '08, 01:36

Mary R wrote:As I recall, we sort of badgered you into it. "Space, when are you going to start a blog?" "Space, when are you going to join the cool kids?"
If I recall, he sort of hid his blog for a while.

Apr 12th, '08, 02:45

by Pentox » Apr 12th, '08, 02:45

Oliverco: omg that site is soo tempting. So much on that site is so gorgeous