Munday TeaDay 4/14/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Do you maintain some form of written inventory of your TEA?

Yes I do
27%
No I do not
73%

Total votes: 59

Apr 14th, '08, 15:19

by Trioxin » Apr 14th, '08, 15:19

Salsero wrote:Good Bye Blue Monday

...in the words of the sage of Indianapolis.

Aside from the fact that I can't see straight because I was up late with the bad boys last night (you know who you are), this poll was made for me. Wes is my witness that I carry record keeping to the point of pathology. Besides, you pretty much need a system when you lock pu away for years in a moist and moldy place.
I forgot that I do keep word documents of pu. I have to purchase them all online since there are no local vendors, so I just copy the sales page into word. They can be accessed at the push of a "button" (inside joke).

Apr 14th, '08, 15:27
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 14th, '08, 15:27

I list...and let's just leave it at that... 8)

From Kagoshima, Fukamushi is in my cup but I just about finished that up and need a new tea. Hmmm, what to have...let me consult my list!!! :wink:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 14th, '08, 15:44

by olivierco » Apr 14th, '08, 15:44

Houjicha this afternoon, Yunnan golden tips and now rooibos to end the day.

According to my notebook, I have been drinking 40.4% Japanese green since the beginning of the year.

Apr 14th, '08, 15:55

by Chip » Apr 14th, '08, 15:55

olivierco wrote:According to my notebook, I have been drinking 40.4% Japanese green since the beginning of the year.
:lol: ...I love it when you talk in decimals and percentages!!!

Apr 14th, '08, 16:22

by Victoria » Apr 14th, '08, 16:22

CynTEAa wrote:Victoria needs good tea STAT. Your week will likely tailspin!
You are soooo wise! I should have started with the Yunnan Gold! In order to save this day, and prevent a tailspin week, I decided to put out all the stops and go for the very best tea I own: Long Juan TGY

And I fixed myself some lunch since no one offered.

And now ... I'm happy ... mmmmmmmmmmmmm, good tea.
This tea pushes all the right buttons, mmmmmmm delish.
Life is good.

Apr 14th, '08, 16:24

by greenisgood » Apr 14th, '08, 16:24

The only thing I really keep track of is Japanese tea because it seems to be so much more affected by age, and the only reason I have that was due to some past need to organize my stash in the name of procrastination. I would keep track of brewing methods but it seems that my brewing style is getting more and more by "just knowing" than more exact (I use nothing besides a teaspoon to brew sencha and it comes out similarly good enough each time after I get it down once for a specific tea, no thermometer or timer). And also since I started making Chinese teas and oolongs the "real way" with gaiwans, glases, and yixings, im getting much less specific. The only time I'm really careful about time nowadays is with Darjeelings... "with Darjeelings its not about you, its about the Tea!!"

All I've had today is a big french press of Sumatra coffee, and it completely hit the spot (and gave me a caffeine buzz). But I suppose now I'll get down to business and make some Tamaryokucha.

Apr 14th, '08, 16:28

by Chip » Apr 14th, '08, 16:28

Victoria wrote:I decided to put out all the stops and go for the very best tea I own: Long Juan TGY
Sounds very...satisfying!!! :D
Last edited by Chip on Jul 11th, '09, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.

Apr 14th, '08, 16:34

by Jack_teachat » Apr 14th, '08, 16:34

Just had 3 steeps of Fukamushi Sencha Supreme, will probably have a fourth shortly...hmmm am going to miss this one when it's gone....

Note to self - order some more!

Apr 14th, '08, 16:46

by Victoria » Apr 14th, '08, 16:46

Oy, why is it so hard to speak in finites?

Apr 14th, '08, 16:56

by Chip » Apr 14th, '08, 16:56

I did not want to hurt any past Oolong's feelings...
Last edited by Chip on Jul 11th, '09, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

Apr 14th, '08, 17:00

by Chip » Apr 14th, '08, 17:00

Jack_teachat wrote:Just had 3 steeps of Fukamushi Sencha Supreme, will probably have a fourth shortly...hmmm am going to miss this one when it's gone....

Note to self - order some more!
In a word...Shincha (May 10th)

In another word...Preorder...
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 14th, '08, 19:21

by auggy » Apr 14th, '08, 19:21

I keep a bookmark in firefox of the teas I've tried (and from what vendor). In the notes of the bookmark, I write descriptions of taste, brewing, a certain number of stars, etc. And I have it set up to search within these descriptions so I can easily find a type or style, click on the link and reorder easily.

White monkey this morning. Didn't use enough leaf, I think.

Just tried citron green for the first time. The smell was driving me nuts, reminding me of some cereal. I finally figured it out. Fruity Pebbles. Seriously. I think I've gone nuts.

Apr 14th, '08, 19:50

by Ron Gilmour » Apr 14th, '08, 19:50

Well, I'm a librarian, so of course I catalog my teas. Not that I have a huge number, but I like to be able to open a file and see what I've got.

Today I've been drinking huge quantities of a second flush Darjeeling called "Black Bear" from the Tao of Tea. Very refreshing, floral tea.

I'd keep on drinking it, but it's getting late and I'd better switch to chamomile.

Apr 14th, '08, 21:09

by henley » Apr 14th, '08, 21:09

I go to tea for enjoyment & my own little personal get-away within the comfort of my own home (& sometimes comfy pajamas) so an inventory would take that part away for me. I do, however, keep a list of teas I like well enough to order again just so I don't forget.

Had pomegranate oolong w/bfast this morning & waiting on a cuppa hot cinnamon spice to steep. It's turned COLD here...we've gone from 70s to 30s over the weekend. Will somebody please bring back spring?

Apr 14th, '08, 21:48

by TimeforTea » Apr 14th, '08, 21:48

Salsero wrote:Whoppee, Olivierco and I are not the only pathological cases here! Do start parameters NOW, it won't be any easier a year from now. I go back to use mine all the time.

T-S, you don't have enough unless you have too much!
Yeah, I guess I'll join the club!! I love structure, charts, organization... Good point about starting the parameters now. I like CK's idea about keeping that in a separate folder (how funny CK's chart and my chart are so similar!!)

Ok. Too much = Enough. :wink: Gotcha![/quote]